Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2014 1:16:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
So do i need all three to do a sbr? The barrel shows backorder allready.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You need the barrel and one of the other two as they act as the part that retains the barrel in the receiver.

The threaded adapter is primarily for the folks wanting to run 1/2x28 threaded suppressors or muzzle devices.  The other one is for people wanting a factory P90 look.

I received my barrel and thread adapter from CMMG a few weeks ago, both look good.  Receiver just came back from the engraver and I have a date with a hacksaw this weekend.  Thank you CMMG for bringing these back!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need the barrel and one of the other two as they act as the part that retains the barrel in the receiver.

The threaded adapter is primarily for the folks wanting to run 1/2x28 threaded suppressors or muzzle devices.  The other one is for people wanting a factory P90 look.

I received my barrel and thread adapter from CMMG a few weeks ago, both look good.  Receiver just came back from the engraver and I have a date with a hacksaw this weekend.  Thank you CMMG for bringing these back!
View Quote

What do I gain with these versus having the factory barrel shortened?

Thanks......P
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks......P
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks......P

I went through this thought process very recently. The advantage I see is purely aesthetics. If you want a PS90 SBR that looks like a P90, you need these parts for a factory look.

For me, I opted to go a different route and have my barrel cut down to 10.4". The adapter I have is made to Silencerco specs to use with a Sparrow or Spectre II, or you can use any flash hider threaded 1/2-28. My total cost was ~$200 less than buying the new 10.4" barrel and adapter, and I ended up with exactly what I wanted.

Nevertheless, I'm definitely glad CMMG is bringing this stuff to the market to give other options.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks......P
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks......P

Personal choice really. If you had one of these on hand you don't have to wait for someone to shorten the barrel. It is cheaper to go with shortening but you are at the mercy of TROS for when it gets done. There is a small small chance that the factory barrel isn't centered enough to shorten but I remember reading TROS has only seen one or two barrels like that. FN knows a thing or two about barrel making.

My plan is to use the CMMG barrel and have the factory barrel shortened so I can have a spare.  If you were going the route of the factory barrel you'd just need the TROS thread adapter or one of the two CMMG ones.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I just went the TROS route.  That's just because it was cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#7]
TROS just quoted me 5 week turnaround on PS90 barrel chop...  I can't imagine anyone building a better PS90 barrel than FN so why not use it and save a hundo...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
TROS just quoted me 5 week turnaround on PS90 barrel chop...  I can't imagine anyone building a better PS90 barrel than FN so why not use it and save a hundo...
View Quote

You need to catch him at the right time.  If he told you 5 weeks, check back in 2-3 weeks and i bet he'll tell you to send it "now".  He turned mine around in about 7 days when i hit him at the right time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You need to catch him at the right time.  If he told you 5 weeks, check back in 2-3 weeks and i bet he'll tell you to send it "now".  He turned mine around in about 7 days when i hit him at the right time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got it back to me much faster than the original 5 week quote.  Around two weeks or so.   Very nice work and the adapter looks great too.   Need to wrench it all together this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#10]
When are the thread adapters likely going to be back in stock?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Gemtech will do it too, I just asked about it in the industry forum... but it is close enough to the price of a new barrel that I'll probably go with a new barrel.  I was fishing for a bargain, and asked for a price if I just sent the barrel in... but they said send the whole receiver, along with the new flash hider.

Also, an FYI, Vltor is blowing out their remaining P90 flash hiders at about $35 bucks.  It's a little different than the FN P90 hider, but my Halo will mount to it :-)   Or, if you're just a cheap bastard like me, it will hold your short barrel in for a lot less $$ than the other options.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Gemtech will do it too, I just asked about it in the industry forum... but it is close enough to the price of a new barrel that I'll probably go with a new barrel.  I was fishing for a bargain, and asked for a price if I just sent the barrel in... but they said send the whole receiver, along with the new flash hider.

Also, an FYI, Vltor is blowing out their remaining P90 flash hiders at about $35 bucks.  It's a little different than the FN P90 hider, but my Halo will mount to it :-)   Or, if you're just a cheap bastard like me, it will hold your short barrel in for a lot less $$ than the other options.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Buying the VC-P90 now!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top