Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2014 8:17:05 PM EDT
Anyone have this setup? I was thinking about putting a trijicon TA44-5 on the PS90. Anyone know if this would be too large? I'm debating between this setup or an Aimpoint M2 or PRO in the tros usa mount.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#1]
An ACOG for a PS90 would be slow on target and bulky. Why not just get a Aimpoint T1 or an Insight MRDS? Both can be had for around $400 to $500 and would compliment the PS90 well. There are often a lot of great deals in the E&E.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, a 4x ACOG is too much for a PS90 but the 1.5x or 2x Compact ACOG is an excellent optic to use with the PS90 and TROS mount.  I have used this setup on my own gun with great results.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
To me its a 25m to 50m weapon, I would SBR it if I had one though. I prefer optics with no paralax and no magnification as I want to be on any target that close as fast as possible. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:41:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought the tros aimpoint pro mount.  Pretty sure with this mount you could mount anything similar to a PRO like a tri-power or a pro knock off.  It is quality, holds zero, etc but most important to me it lowers the bore axis separation that putting an optic on the factory rail by ~ 1 inch.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought the tros aimpoint pro mount.  Pretty sure with this mount you could mount anything similar to a PRO like a tri-power or a pro knock off.  It is quality, holds zero, etc but most important to me it lowers the bore axis separation that putting an optic on the factory rail by ~ 1 inch.
View Quote

BIG +1 for the TROS Aimpoint mount. I'm running a M3 Aimpoint and it looks like it grew there.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I run the ACOG 1.5 with a TROS mount on my PS90. The 1.5 offers perfect eye relief and a pretty good cheek weld. The 2x ACOG can be used but it doesn't work as well as the 1.5. Anything other than those two won't work in the ACOG line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top