Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2014 4:09:09 PM EDT
Finally got this little project done. I didnt think about takeing pics and shareing it untill i started it but i think you can see where it all started. The problem was the standard rail and the only free red dot i had was way to high so after looking around i wanted a copy of the FN red dot but with the burris FF3. This is how i did it

Started out with this. 5 1 /2" above the barrel to center of red dot.

Ended up with this. Just a little over 3 1/2" and looks better if i do say so my self. :)

I bought a Cmore sts ps90 base mount from MIDWAY and the Fast fire 3.

The FF3 came with 6-64 screws and the cmore mount has 8-32 holes. I believe this is why alot of people say there bolts strip out. So i drilled out the hole opening.

The cmore mount has a recessed area for a red dot but the FF3 is a bit big so useing the drimmel and a grinding wheel i removed the material after marking the edge of ff3.

I bought some stainless 8-32x 1/2" bolts but the heads are a tad to big to fit in the recessed spots in the FF3. So again useing the drimmel i used a stone and went around the bolt head removeing materail until it fit down in there good.

After a trail fit i used a sharpy to cover the bolts and grinded areas and put it all together and installed on the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top