Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2014 11:04:53 PM EDT
So I believe my SCAR 17 is a bit overgassed... when running with my 7.62 SDN-6 it jams occasionally. With my dad's 762 SD, the extra back pressure caused the bolt to travel back and hit the rear of the receiver hard enough to pop a round out of the mag and cause a double feed every 4-5 rounds. It has NEVER malfunctioned unsuppressed. Ever.

So, I am looking to remedy the problem. What's the best vendor to get a set of gas control screws from? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had pretty good luck with Midwest Gun Works...
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/ctgy/scar-parts
I think someone was also going to offer a stainless gas control screw as well, can't remember who it was though...
edit: found it... http://handldefense.com/product/scar-gas-control-jet/
I am not plugging Handl, just pointing out the availability....

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I believe my SCAR 17 is a bit overgassed... when running with my 7.62 SDN-6 it jams occasionally. With my dad's 762 SD, the extra back pressure caused the bolt to travel back and hit the rear of the receiver hard enough to pop a round out of the mag and cause a double feed every 4-5 rounds. It has NEVER malfunctioned unsuppressed. Ever.

So, I am looking to remedy the problem. What's the best vendor to get a set of gas control screws from? Thanks.
View Quote

Are you shooting with the gas setting for suppressed?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine runs his Surefire 762K on his SCAR 17S and gets a lot of gas blow back as well. I just got a 17S and plan to run my 762K on mine so I would be interested if anyone has any info on a better screw to run with a can that also works without one. Of course I expect to run the gas selector in the propper setting for suppressed and unsuppressed fire.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been running a surefire FA762SS can with the surefire scarH specific muzzle device for the past 2 years.

I noted an "over gassing" after shooting the rifle with this set up.  What I found was the gas regulator will get carbon build up in it and start to over gas the rifle.

I suggest you inspect and clean out the gas regulator, especially the little bleed holes on the side.  Also inspect and clean out the gas block at its bleed holes on the left side just forward of the receiver.
I believe the gas regulator is designed to keep "up gassing" the rifle as it continues to run and get dirty.  Some ammo's are dirtier then others, and running suppressed only makes the rifle dirtier quicker.

With the gas regulator fully cleaned out I have noted a reduction in gassing and recoil impulse.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been running a surefire FA762SS can with the surefire scarH specific muzzle device for the past 2 years.

I noted an "over gassing" after shooting the rifle with this set up.  What I found was the gas regulator will get carbon build up in it and start to over gas the rifle.

I suggest you inspect and clean out the gas regulator, especially the little bleed holes on the side.  Also inspect and clean out the gas block at its bleed holes on the left side just forward of the receiver.
I believe the gas regulator is designed to keep "up gassing" the rifle as it continues to run and get dirty.  Some ammo's are dirtier then others, and running suppressed only makes the rifle dirtier quicker.

With the gas regulator fully cleaned out I have noted a reduction in gassing and recoil impulse.
View Quote

That's a very interesting theory. I will have to try this and see if it helps any. I've definitely shot it enough to make this an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top