Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2014 9:27:58 PM EDT
Picked up a new toy yesterday. These proved pretty hard to come by. Got lucky and found one locally (80 miles away). After looking for a few weeks and calling over 100 different shops all over ohio and the country I finally got lucky and found it.

So far I've only put 20 rounds through the pipe but it's quickly becoming my new favorite in my collection. Definitely going to hold onto this one. Here are a few pics.
(If anyone can tell me how to upload pics directly to the thread vs links to it I would appreciate it).

5.7x28mm on the left, 5.56 NATO on the right.

Broken down for cleaning after the first 20 rounds through it.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice , too bad a threaded barrel is ridiculously expensive. You could use a Sparrow, it's rated for 5.7.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah not looking to spend that kind of money lol. Any ideas where the best place to pick up steel core ammo for it or 40 grain factory ammo for less than most gun shops? Also looking for a holster and some info on accessories and how to adjust the sights on it. Any info is helpful. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont know what youre paying now but SGAmmo usually has good prices.

40gr V-Max
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah not looking to spend that kind of money lol. Any ideas where the best place to pick up steel core ammo for it or 40 grain factory ammo for less than most gun shops? Also looking for a holster and some info on accessories and how to adjust the sights on it. Any info is helpful. Thanks.
View Quote

There is no steel core ammo for 5.7x28mm. The Factory SS190 round, has a steel tip, like SS109. Instead of a lead core, it has Aluminum Core. Going rate is about $4.50/round. You'd be better off spending the $2/round for Elite's T6B.

SS198LF is your best bet for factory defense rounds.

Currently $23 a box or less is a good buy for AE TMJ, or SS197SR.

I have a lot of 5.7x28mm videos on my channel:

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is no steel core ammo for 5.7x28mm. The Factory SS190 round, has a steel tip, like SS109. Instead of a lead core, it has Aluminum Core. Going rate is about $4.50/round. You'd be better off spending the $2/round for Elite's T6B.

https://www.youtube.com/user/BuffmanLT1

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy just ordered me a 500 round case of AP SS198LF. What is the ammo you're talking about for $4.50/round?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:48:09 AM EDT
[#6]
PSA has been selling 197 for 23 or 24 bucks.

Congrats on the gun.  They are great for 50 yard work.  I use mine for a monthly milk carton shoot we do at 50...  Won the last match.

Just wish I could of found a brown one like yours.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
PSA has been selling 197 for 23 or 24 bucks.

Congrats on the gun.  They are great for 50 yard work.  I use mine for a monthly milk carton shoot we do at 50...  Won the last match.

Just wish I could of found a brown one like yours.
View Quote

Yeah I got lucky when I found mine. I wanted FDE from the start and was about to settle for black then made one last phone call and they had it. So we went down that day and picked it up. Lol. Love this thing. Can't wait to get more range time with it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to own one but can't justify the price of the gun or it's diet.

Sexy as hell, though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My buddy just ordered me a 500 round case of AP SS198LF. What is the ammo you're talking about for $4.50/round?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SS198LF is not AP.

SS190 is the duty AP FMJ round:

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice toy, congrats !  They are fun at the range.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd love to own one but can't justify the price of the gun or it's diet.

Sexy as hell, though.
View Quote

Me Too
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks nice , too bad a threaded barrel is ridiculously expensive. You could use a Sparrow, it's rated for 5.7.
View Quote

I had my factory barrel rethreaded by Tornado Tech. $175, so not exactly cheap either, but the FiveSeven isn't a cheap handgun.

Totally missed that they brought out a Mk2.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks guys. I've totally fallen for this weapon system. I've got 250 rounds through it and have figured out for the most part my squeeze, holds and what not and have since been able to somewhat group on a 8"x8" paper target at 55 meters pretty easily.

Been stocking up on ammo and accessories for it lately. I have a custom leather lined holster ordered from Multiholster's as well as some new FN mags and tool/cleaning kits for it (mostly for nostalgia with the FN cleaning kit etc.).

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:12:21 AM EDT
[#14]
starting to see the ammo available for $20 a box of 50.  Hoping we might get back to where a case of 2k sold for $650 something...

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I can pick up a case of SS198LF for $1040 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 4:45:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can pick up a case of SS198LF for $1040 shipped.
View Quote

Just had my barrel extended and threaded by Torando Technologies for $175....great work, and shoots very well with my Sparrow on it... get it done!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah I'm not going to venture outside the realm of factory ammo and accessories for my FsN. As much as I want too, I'm not interested in ending up with a $1300 paperweight.

I did take it out yesterday though and played with some distance shooting. I was hitting my 8" rifle gong at 125 meters out. Pretty impressed with this little pistol.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Where are you getting a case for $1040? I've been getting my 198 from High Plains GunShop and I've gotten some from gunbroker when I can get it for a reasonable price. Some of the prices there are just hilarious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top