Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2014 10:23:21 PM EDT
This is all you get.  Figure it out.  

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Aluminum lower?  Color matching is pretty spot on.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Jim Elmazi's aluminum lower that has been over 2 years in the making. BTW that did not make any forward progress until they openly reverse engineered a Handl lower on FNFourms.

You ready to play this game? This is a neutral field, wont have FNfourms mods coming in and erasing posts here.

I have evidence, as in had to give a sworn statement to the FBI's IPRC, and their responses.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jim Elmazi's aluminum lower that has been over 2 years in the making. BTW that did not make any forward progress until they openly reverse engineered a Handl lower on FNFourms.

You ready to play this game? This is a neutral field, wont have FNfourms mods coming in and erasing posts here.

I have evidence, as in had to give a sworn statement to the FBI's IPRC, and their responses.
View Quote

Is this necessary?  I think many of us are tired of this drama.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes,

Absolutely this is necessary. What I saw was without honor, a prime example of what is wrong in our society. I saw one company do everything possible to undermine it's competition, so that they could keep others from buying its products. This was in order to create a delaying action until they could bring their own product to market. Which they had to steal critical dimensions from the target company (Handl) in order to do this.

All from a guy who posed as a Marine, went bankrupt, has been fired, supposedly embezzled money from the DSA owner Dave Selvaggio, not to mention multiple LE investigations.

All evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing

I will not be quiet, I will not go away, I hope this goes to court, I am ready to give sworn testimony, I hope the others are.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow what's the scoop with this melodrama?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:30:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I am going to start another thread
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#7]
All the drama aside, what is the point of an aluminum lower that takes factory SCAR-17 mags? I understand Handl making their SR25 mag lower from aluminum, as a plastic lower only makes financial sense if made in large quantities. It is not as though the plastic lowers are breaking.

I am all for innovation, but what's the point of a heavier aluminum lower that brings nothing to the table other than giving people more accessory bling.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking, but for a $1000 it's not for me. Could by a ton of OEM mags for that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#9]
How is that light mounted? Looks to not be on the rail? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yes,

Absolutely this is necessary. What I saw was without honor, a prime example of what is wrong in our society. I saw one company do everything possible to undermine it's competition, so that they could keep others from buying its products. This was in order to create a delaying action until they could bring their own product to market. Which they had to steal critical dimensions from the target company (Handl) in order to do this.

All from a guy who posed as a Marine, went bankrupt, has been fired, supposedly embezzled money from the DSA owner Dave Selvaggio, not to mention multiple LE investigations.

I will not be quiet, I will not go away, I hope this goes to court, I am ready to give sworn testimony, I hope the others are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes,

So we're in a gossip forum?

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

All the drama aside, what is the point of an aluminum lower that takes factory SCAR-17 mags? I understand Handl making their SR25 mag lower from aluminum, as a plastic lower only makes financial sense if made in large quantities. It is not as though the plastic lowers are breaking.

I am all for innovation, but what's the point of a heavier aluminum lower that brings nothing to the table other than giving people more accessory bling.
View Quote
It was started because of demand.  If you want you want, if not not. The things I see people buy for AR's seem crazy to me.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How is that light mounted? Looks to not be on the rail? Thanks!
View Quote
Thats one of those ADM mounts isnt it? http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/316/

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks really nice Cetane. Is that a preproduction one you got before they start shipping or did you get it "off the line" so to speak?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Looks really nice Cetane. Is that a preproduction one you got before they start shipping or did you get it "off the line" so to speak?
View Quote
OH hell, thats not mine.  Its just a repost of a picture from Jim the manufacturer.  Sorry if anyone thought that was mine.  I thought it would get some action started in the stagnant Herstal forum.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#15]
You're a just tease then
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Even worse, a tease OF a tease!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#17]
nice but I kind of avoid this forum because of that 929 guy
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
So are you thinkin, "save the drama for your mama"?

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

facebook has way less drama then this place, but there was the time when a friend posted a selfie of her face while standing in front of a mirror with another huge mirror behind her and all she had on was a smilie LOL

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

facebook has way less drama then this place, but there was the time when a friend posted a selfie of her face while standing in front of a mirror with another huge mirror behind her and all she had on was a smilie LOL  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like a beautiful picture.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

she looked like a hot 25 year old and she was 55 but she deleted her fb account right after my brother inlaw told her to look at her picture from on a big monitor LOL silly Jersey girl

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I put him on ignore rather than get into it with him. Makes this forum more enjoyable.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
BTW that did not make any forward progress until they openly reverse engineered a Handl lower on FNFourms. .
View Quote

First off, let me say I worked in a large machine shop for over 20 years
I have been modifying and building firearms for 30 years
Any engineer who can't take a pre-existing factory designed polymer part and make it out of aluminum is incompetent .

I was not into SCARs when the named grievances occurred at the FN Forums, so I'm not commenting on that issue.

However, I own 2 Handl lowers and a CAV.
One of my Handls was an early model with the wrong pin spacing so it wouldn't fit the upper.
Handl did replace or modify it for free and it works fine now.
It won't take the G aftermarket trigger or the X products drum.
I picked up a second later manufactured lower and it had a lot of machining differences
One of the 9mm pin holes was undersized, no biggy, it can happen.
All the other dimensions are fine
It does take the G trigger, but not the X Products drum.
Comparing the 2, Handl obviously did some changes/ upgrading in their specs and design .
Both needed the bolt catch modified to prevent it from prematurely hitting the bolt.

The CAV lower worked right out of the box, but is generous in some of it's internal specs in my opinion.
It does take the G trigger and X Products drum.
It also needed the bolt catch modified.

Any manufacturer who makes aftermarket parts for an existing design has to reverse engineer it unless the manufacturer gives them the factory blueprints.
Did FNH give Handl their blueprints and blessing to change or modify the SCAR ?
To say CAV or Stryker or another manufacturer stole critical dimensions from Handl is stretching it.

I hope Handl, CAV, HDD, Stryker, MWI, PMM, and many others continue to produce SCAR parts and accessories, now and into the future.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I hope Handl, CAV, HDD, Stryker, MWI, PMM, and many others continue to produce SCAR parts and accessories, now and into the future.
View Quote

Amen to that!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It was started because of demand.  If you want you want, if not not. The things I see people buy for AR's seem crazy to me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I get that, and ultimately the market will show if there is a demand. It still seems a solution to a nonexistent issue. And re: AR accessorizing, I agree....very commonly full retard. That does not make it worthy of emulation.

Quoted:

Agreed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top