Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2014 2:48:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 2:59:10 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is not legit that guy has to be the dumbest around. Personally I would not care for the Border Patrol and Homeland Security markings on everything. I could see getting detained and having a lot of explaining to do depending on who saw it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it is not legit that guy has to be the dumbest around. Personally I would not care for the Border Patrol and Homeland Security markings on everything. I could see getting detained and having a lot of explaining to do depending on who saw it.
View Quote
yeah you would most certainly want to keep the receipt and your paperwork with it  

Link Posted: 8/14/2014 3:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldnt be surprised if they sold all of their guns in exchange for modelo and tecate to welcome to illegals.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I call baloney. Those aren't factory finishes, and anyone can engrave things on receivers. USBP does not issue H&K P30s or Hk45s and especially not in DA/SA.

CBP OFO in Texas has p30 LEM guns but not everyone, and there are no manual safeties.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Border Patrol abbreviation is CBP (Customs and Border Protection)

In the past when it was for Border Patrol it was typically wrote out on the firearm such as

ETA: Its baloney for sure but if you want to know more about the firearms that Border Patrol has used , the Border Patrol Museum is in El Paso TX
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Definitely not. Just take a look at some of their "Navy Seal," "Ranger," or other "Deployment Packages" they sell: http://www.rockeguns.com/packages/

In the picture you posted it's apparent they even partially stripped the screw putting the receiver back together after coating it. Terrible color choice by the way.... who's idea was that?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Definitely not. Just take a look at some of their "Navy Seal," "Ranger," or other "Deployment Packages" they sell: http://www.rockeguns.com/packages/

In the picture you posted it's apparent they even partially stripped the screw putting the receiver back together after coating it. Terrible color choice by the way.... who's idea was that?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LMFAO!!!! who the hell is this guy???

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't the Feds use barcodes and QR codes these days?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#9]
could this be construed with impersonating a federal officer given all the patches, vests, etc.?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
could this be construed with impersonating a federal officer given all the patches, vests, etc.?
View Quote

They are not exact matches for actual BP patches, but go down to South Texas wearing them and you're probably going to get hemmed up pretty good.  

Also, AFAIK, USBP only uses M4A1s and 870s as long arms, though BORTAC probably has a few cooler toys.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was in USBP we could check out MP-5's, 870 shotguns, some kind of off the wall Remington .308 pump action rifles, and we had a safe full of M14 rifles that we received from the army. Our PAIC ignored the carry of unauthorized personally owned rifles rifles as long as they were kept out of sight (out of mind). Depending on the station, I had heard that other stations had M4 rifles, which ours did not. We were not authorized to take home any government owned long arms.

As far as CBP, that is the new agency that now includes the USBP and the Inspectors at the ports of entry as well as the aircraft pilots. The USBP is still USBP, just a part of CBP. Just like ICE includes the old DRO (Detention Removal Operations) which is now ERO and HSI, which used to be Office of Investigations for INS and Customs respectively.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#12]
CBP helo guys rock 17's. Never saw those stamps on one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When I was in USBP we could check out MP-5's, 870 shotguns, some kind of off the wall Remington .308 pump action rifles, and we had a safe full of M14 rifles that we received from the army. Our PAIC ignored the carry of unauthorized personally owned rifles rifles as long as they were kept out of sight (out of mind). Depending on the station, I had heard that other stations had M4 rifles, which ours did not. We were not authorized to take home any government owned long arms.
View Quote

Pretty much all stations now have 870s and M4s.  Most have full-auto M4s, some have semi-auto M4s or M4gerys.  A few places have UMP40s or marine 870 shotguns.

I think there are some Bortac folks with 17s, but that's pretty rare.  I've only seen them in promo photos (though the photos were from the field) and they were black, not puke green.  Interestingly, they were doing something involving helos, so maybe it is an helo guy thing and not Bortac.

I know a guy in AZ whose station carried the "heavy patrol rifle" which was the USBP's attempt to bring a 308 to the field.  They basically took an M1A, cut it down, hung rails on it that nothing was authorized to be mounted on by line agents, and made it heavier and less effective, as well as being a gun that couldn't be locked in gun racks.  From what he told me, it was hated by all.

Puke green SCAR 17s?   I'd bet it's 100% marketing gimmick.  Though the badge he has in one picture is interesting - maybe he knows somebody and has them buy bags at the BP museum in El Paso or something, and then asked if he could hang their badge out in a pic to make things look legit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
It would say "CBP" if so.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:54:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw that the other day too and thought it looked fishy. someone trying to sell stuff for way more than what it should be, lol.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:24:25 AM EDT
[#16]
This jackass needs his nuts squashed in a vice yesterday. If these are intended for sale to the general public, in this day and age, this could be one of the most irresponsible acts by any FFL ever.

So what does it take these days to impersonate a police officer? LE already conducts a recklessly endangering and criminally negligent TTP of unmarked cars for traffic stops and regular patrol duty. Now anyone can look like a border patrol agent by hitting up this jackass, renting a tahoe, after getting your 5.11 pants and polo delivered to you hotel.

So my community has been saying that we are due for another 9-11, Beslan, Boston, Kenyan Mall, or Mumbai type event.

Now if ISIL / Al-Q is going plan an operation like I just mentioned CONUS, you can't train for it here, you'd be rolled up in a day, and they know it. But they could train wherever they wanted and a negligent LE TTP and this FFL can now facilitate an infiltration across an already porous border. How far to a San Diego School or Military Installation from the Mexican border? Or to Seattle from Canada?

If they (ISIL AL-Q) did use this, we all know the communist party would blame the guns and us.

Someone should call this guy and tell him to quit yesterday

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top