Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Price on barrel?>
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Also looking for a price on the Barrel ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 1:42:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Flash hider was $130ish total.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the barrel 1/9 or 1/7? Assuming the parts will be like your original offerings from a while back?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
What is the overall length of the PS90 with the 10.4" barrel?          

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

With the standard flash hider installed it is 19.9". With one of the threaded adapters installed it is shorter... how much shorter depends on who made the adapter as they vary in length, but the variance is fractions of an inch.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
With the standard flash hider installed it is 19.9". With one of the threaded adapters installed it is shorter... how much shorter depends on who made the adapter as they vary in length, but the variance is fractions of an inch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the length on the form 1 reported with or without the flash hider?  I was thinking without since the flash hider isn't permanently attached.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Here is my chopped factory barrel with their adapter.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Is the length on the form 1 reported with or without the flash hider?  I was thinking without since the flash hider isn't permanently attached.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Without

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Without  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

SNIP

Without  
Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The factory flash hider is a single part installed piece, it cannot be removed without the barrel coming loose.

There are two different parts being offered by CMMG... first is the original first gen "factory style" FN Flash hider, which is the slant nose "barrel" style that has the four brake holes in the top (there is a newer design from FN that looks more like a birdcage style seen on the F2000). This "factory" flash hider is non-removable when installed and the 19.9" OAL I gave is measured using this flash hider.

The second option is the threaded adapter, which is an aftermarket adapter designed to allow installation of 1/2x28 muzzle devices. This adapter is shorter than the standard "factory" flash hider part as it is more or less the same rear end but instead of a built in flash hider it is a standard 1/2x28x0.6 long threaded muzzle. With this part installed your OAL will be SHORTER than 19.9" by a fraction of an inch.

The difference in length between the two is something like a third, a half inch or two thirds of an inch, I don't remember exactly without measuring my parts again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the break down.  I really need get a form 1 going on my PS90 sometime.        

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Of all my SBRs my PS90 is the most popular with my friends. It is short, comfortable, light and handy enough with a gentle recoil that anyone can shoot it easily (even little kids, my niece in particular LOVES it) and thanks to the 50 round mags you aren't reloading as often... even though each mag costs more to shoot.

I have actually had arguments break out at family range days over who got to shoot the last mag of 5.7 through the PS90. It's a fun plinker toy... I just wish the ammo was more readily available.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 2:35:49 AM EDT
[#18]
ETA: Apologies, should've read the thread more carefully. Barrel will be M12x1LH and adaptor will convert to 1/2x28. I'll pay better attention next time, and I do look forward to your products.

can individual posts be deleted on ar15.com or is the edit the only option?

(Original post): Very interested in the barrel. What will the threading on the barrel be? Will it be the same as the flash hider at M12x1LH?

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I got one of the CMMG flash hiders that I preordered this week. It is a nice part, very high quality. I'd even say quality level is easily identical to an FN factory flash hider and much better than some of the other 3rd party knockoffs I've seen lately.

Definitely worth the money if you want a nice factory style flash hider for your PS90 SBR.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Any plans on offering a thread adapter with the Silencerco thread spec for use with either a SS Sparrow or Spectre II?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any plans on offering a thread adapter with the Silencerco thread spec for use with either a SS Sparrow or Spectre II?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn you guys are late to the game from the last time you did this.  Might consider getting barrel and nut combo to "fix" my sbr.  You guys considering on keeping these in stock all the time or is this a single run every decade thing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top