Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2014 11:56:07 AM EDT
Can I see pics of your SCAR16 SBR?  Especially if you have rail extensions on yours.  My stamp should be in any time and I want to get my rail extension on before I have it cut down.  Recommendations for rail extensions for an SBR?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
What length barrel are you going with?  Reason I ask is I've the FNH rail extention and there is only maybe 2 inches of barrel that sticks out passed it on my 16 in scar. I think the PWS is shorter (possibly the shortest rail extention) .
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
SCAR SBR with 10" barrel and VLTOR rail...

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the pic, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I just bought one from the EE, so I'm anxious to see how well it works.  Where do you hold your support hand?  Does it get hot?  I've heard it's kind of thick.  What is your opinion?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#4]
This has the factory 10" barrel and no rail extension for comparison.  I think the rail extension is a good idea though as that extra couple of inches to extend your hand would definitely help in driving/controlling the gun.  Especially if you are putting a can on the end.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Another option for a rail extension is the Branham Tactical one. It adds just enough picatiiny rail at 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00 to cover the gas block. It looks sharp, especially with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the pic, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I just bought one from the EE, so I'm anxious to see how well it works.  Where do you hold your support hand?  Does it get hot?  I've heard it's kind of thick.  What is your opinion?
View Quote

I mostly shoot with the stock collapsed and my support hand around where the gas block is. I tend to like smaller rails (troy alpha/noveske NSR/etc), and the vltor doesn't feel too thick IMO. I do feel that I need to change out the grip for something more k-grip like though. Heat hasn't been an issue, but I haven't run this gun too hard. I finally swapped the the gas control screw to a smaller size (gas blowback with the can was pretty harsh), but I haven't been able to run it since.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
ccc 75 do you find the gun is over gassed now, do you have any excess fouling or the gun run sluggish?

It looks really damn good BTW
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ccc 75 do you find the gun is over gassed now, do you have any excess fouling or the gun run sluggish?

It looks really damn good BTW
View Quote

The only time I've felt it might be over gassed was when I forgot to switch the gas regulator to the suppressed position when running the suppressor.  No doubt that you get some extra fouling though.  It's especially evident in the receiver but not the bolt or bolt carrier though.  When I change barrels (16" to 10" or vice versa) you'll see a bunch of fouling in the front where the gas regulator is.

It's a friggin' blast shoot though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top