Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2014 10:28:21 AM EDT
What do you think of the ta11 on a scar 17?  Pros? Cons?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#1]
My Scar 17 came with the TA31ECOS RMR Combo on it.  Unfortunately I moved that optic to an AR and moved a Leupold Mark IV to the Scar so I don't have too much in the way of experience to share.  My reason for the switch was that the Acog BDC was for 5.56 and the Mark IV seemed better for the distances the Scar can reach out to.  I also didn't see the need for the RMR on the Scar 17.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The TA11 is awesome. Dad put one on his FAL and I love it. Almost put one on the SCAR but got a screaming deal on a Leupold Mark 4 in FDE from a friend. Only drawback is at long distance the limited magnification isn't as well suited for precision shooting as a more powerful magnified optic. But for quick hits at varying distances in a package that's pretty compact and lightweight, it's AWESOME.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I running a TA11E on my Scar 17. It works great for me. I am only shooting it out to 100 yards though. I would like to try it with some more distance and see how I do.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm debating between she ta11 and an Elcan specter dr....just can't decide.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm debating between she ta11 and an Elcan specter dr....just can't decide.
View Quote

Having shot both, I don't think the ELCAN is worth the premium over an ACOG. My friend who owns the ELCAN agrees.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used both optics on M4 style rifles in combat, the current ELCAN is superior in my opinion, but the TA11 is the king of the ACOGs.  I was stuck with a TA31 for a few weeks and ditched it as soon as possible.  The TA11 would be a perfect match for the SCAR-H.  Good eye relief and good magnification would make and idea set up.

I have been looking for an optic for my personal SCAR and can't believe the TA-11 didn't come to mind.

Go for it.

Rick
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a TA-11 in green.  It's sweet.  I don't know if it is better than an Elcan but I like it.  It's better then the Accupoint I had on it.

Pros

1 bullet proof
2 field of view
3 BDC
4 eye relief
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
The TA-11 has the best eye relief of the ACOG series and its a great optic regardless of host.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I ran a TA-11 in a practical rifle match over the weekend (25 - 300 yards) on a 17 and it worked great.  I am thinking about getting a RMR to piggyback for close in work though. The size is perfect for the heavy, not to big / not to small.  Never used a Elcan but after a SDN6, ITAL, light and full mag every ounce starts to add up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top