BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To your FN forum rant give details, not a wild similes or you are as bad as the people you say are persecuting you and the rest of enlightened.let me talk to a moderator first ...will most likely start another thread...don't want to be accused of the exact same thing that they do

I don't even have an account on the FN forum but I go there a decent amount and many of the people that are knowledgeable and trying to improve the platform are there right along with the nonobjective fan-boys there are very many good people in there, but make no mistake the Iran analogy is correct, there is a circle that protects the center, protects it from competition, protects it from any type of debate, it protects it's identity, the center must be seen as infallible (when it is not) for if the center was know for its unethical history it would all fall apart

Let me clarify before hand I AM NOT AN IMPLANT.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this related to SgtStryker?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I think this is a tech thread that is starting to get way off track at this point.  

I would like to see the answer as to why the move back to HK417's?  I have held a 417- Heavy.  The G28 I got to play with was even heavier.  I think it tipped the scales at over 12lbs unloaded and no attachments.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think this is a tech thread that is starting to get way off track at this point.  

I would like to see the answer as to why the move back to HK417's?  I have held a 417- Heavy.  The G28 I got to play with was even heavier.  I think it tipped the scales at over 12lbs unloaded and no attachments.  
View Quote

This is pure hearsay, but I recall reading somewhere that the 416s used by some of the Norwegian military experienced cracked uppers around the 10 - 12k mark...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
After reading my last couple of posts I think something got lost in the sauce there. So let me elaborate on my intent and perspective.

#1 I think the SCAR platform is a really good weapon, I own two and have a third on the way. It is light and could very well be the future of small arms. I think many of you in here might pick up that I hate the SCAR. I do not, if I did I would join the chorus of those seeking its demise.

read that again .... I really like the SCAR... but I am infatuated with what it could be.

#2 I view the SCAR like one of the ocean racing boats http://www.cigaretteracing.com/eng/50_marauder.php light, fast, big power. A fuck ton of fun, but you have to watch how hard you push that boat. These boats will go well over 100 mph on the water. More important than that, you need to think about where you use that boat, as badass as it is, its not made for stormy weather, or swells. Due to it's extreme light weight and the stress of its performance envelope you might find that after sustained hard use, that durability is not a high as something else.

Say something like this  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_V_Special_Operations_Craft  it is a bit heavier, still fast with big power, willing to take on some weight in the right places to extend durability and capacity.

#3 I am dedicated, to improving the platform. As anything I can do to improve what I carry needs to be done. While I am not going to go and trot out team guy after team guy to validate my points as the fallacy of that is pretty obvious. Plus I don't have access to the SF 368's that guys might have (and most likely didn't) fill out. What I do have is decades of extensive experience, a lot of rounds under that specific gun, the inability to quit, and a large network of other SME's that are willing to give unadulterated input.

I am obviously willing to share that knowledge and perspective for free.  

#4 Many of the by standers in here must wonder why the hostility. It is obvious many of the FNfourm implants take whatever I say with great contention. On FNFourms, I witnessed cronyism intermixed with dogmatic adherence to the support of the select inner circle. That site is dedicated to the protection of a few, when the interests of external sponsors conflicts with the economic interests of the inner circle, they are expelled as apostates, or beaten in the public square.  

FNFourms is actually very much organized like the Islamic Republic of Iran. It has a supreme leader, who through influence. manages all aspects of the organization, as he is the center of the worship of the strict ideologues. He has influence over the Guardian Council who insure adherence to their version of sharia, know to erase, change posts, and expel those who do not bow. While there is a president who manages the financial aspects of the organization, he is subservient to the will of the supreme leader.  

Know if your are a supplier of good and services, you will worship, you will bow, or be expelled.  Since I saw and called bullshit, and just like Iran, that place has persons with long histories of unethical if not criminal behavior (effecting ar15.com sponsors BTW). I am duty bound to do battle with the FnFourm implants. The truth is like a fire that burns though all attempts to conceal it.
View Quote

Wow. When did this cease being a technical forum? Are there not Mods in here?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Dana

Every comment I've made in here is opinion as to why the SCAR might or might not drop in price.

Yes the comments around #4 which is related on what I witnessed in the aforementioned "Islamic Republic of FNForumastan". This colorful commentary based on what happened there, is going to eventually taint about every civilian SCAR story for years to come.  That is not going to stop.

BTW jihadis.... WTF my full name on the open net...really?...

Everything else in this thread has been subjective opinion. I do know that many would have rather had the HK417 than the SCAR, I see the development curve for the scar being much bigger than any AR series rifle. That the naturally flexibility of the system could lend it to become the AR-15 of the 21st century

Once again I'll state that the exclusivity of the gun and more so the parts, impede it's progress. That FN's short term goal of keeping costs high might very well blow any chance it has in make serious progress into the greater realm of the US gun market.

That if a certain factors like #1 competitors putting out cheaper shit hot ARs in 7.62 (which is happening) #2 the military drops the FN SCAR as a program or phases in a new 7.62 guns that the SCAR will sit as a gun with a retail of say 2600-2800 and little justification for that price point.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wow. When did this cease being a technical forum? Are there not Mods in here?
View Quote

That's why I quit responding in this thread, wasn't worth my time or aggravation to respond to various comments. This one got way off track.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Miss flowers there are strong opinions in here and it is not subject to the same "erase/modify/and ban" procedures that is the MO in FNforumastan when you go against the ruling party.

BTW pass on to the Ayatollah "Allah Akbhar kabir haddad Elmazi, alayhi as-salam. Al maut Handl ! irtidad! Al maut Handl irtdad!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Miss flowers there are strong opinions in here and it is not subject to the same "erase/modify/and ban" procedures that is the MO in FNforumastan when you go against the ruling party.

BTW pass on to the Ayatollah "Allah Akbhar kabir haddad Elmazi, alayhi as-salam. Al maut Handl ! irtidad! Al maut Handl irtdad!
View Quote

Okay, you must want me to reply so this is it for me on this thread.
  1) Been on this site longer than you and years before ever buying a SCAR was possible, much less my join date of FNForums
  2) I've never pushed any other companies agenda on anyone including any other vendors from other sites so please quit pretending I'm some sort of fanboy of one product or another because it's simply not true.
  3) If the best insult you have to throw at me is referring to me as "Miss", well then I guess that just shows your maturity level. Grow up.

Site Staff/Mods..........very sorry this one has made this personal and that I must be somewhat responsible for taking this thread off track.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

1) Been on this site longer than you and years before ever buying a SCAR was possible, much less my join date of FNForums
  2) I've never pushed any other companies agenda on anyone including any other vendors from other sites so please quit pretending I'm some sort of fanboy of one product or another because it's simply not true.
  3) If the best insult you have to throw at me is referring to me as "Miss", well then I guess that just shows your maturity level. Grow up.

Site Staff/Mods..........very sorry this one has made this personal and that I must be somewhat responsible for taking this thread off track.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are not a girl then you have my sincere apology, I seriously thought you were a girl, are you?. I really was using the title "miss" to be proper. I routinely call people "Sir" in here, I am the one surrounded, I try my best to be proper. Maybe sentence structure or something tipped me off that your were a girl. I do apologize for calling you one if you are not.

But as for FNFourmastan, yea that's a very accurate anaolgy.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]
These are "best guess" type of answers ...just wanted to practice full disclosure so nobody gets their panties in a bunch.

1.  they cost more is the fact that they are produced in relatively low volume numbers
Lower volume = a higher per unit cost of production

2  supply of inventory is selling well at current prices - why fix something that ain't broke ? ( from company perspective )

3. Charging a higher price, allows for a sense of our product is better because it costs more ..not offering opinion as to wether or not I think so
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These are "best guess" type of answers ...just wanted to practice full disclosure so nobody gets their panties in a bunch.

1.  they cost more is the fact that they are produced in relatively low volume numbers
Lower volume = a higher per unit cost of production

2  supply of inventory is selling well at current prices - why fix something that ain't broke ? ( from company perspective )

3. Charging a higher price, allows for a sense of our product is better because it costs more ..not offering opinion as to wether or not I think so
View Quote

The initial and subsequent R&D cost are a big part of why the SCAR is priced at its high price point.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dana

Every comment I've made in here is opinion as to why the SCAR might or might not drop in price.

Yes the comments around #4 which is related on what I witnessed in the aforementioned "Islamic Republic of FNForumastan". This colorful commentary based on what happened there, is going to eventually taint about every civilian SCAR story for years to come.  That is not going to stop.

BTW jihadis.... WTF my full name on the open net...really?...

Everything else in this thread has been subjective opinion. I do know that many would have rather had the HK417 than the SCAR, I see the development curve for the scar being much bigger than any AR series rifle. That the naturally flexibility of the system could lend it to become the AR-15 of the 21st century

Once again I'll state that the exclusivity of the gun and more so the parts, impede it's progress. That FN's short term goal of keeping costs high might very well blow any chance it has in make serious progress into the greater realm of the US gun market.

That if a certain factors like #1 competitors putting out cheaper shit hot ARs in 7.62 (which is happening) #2 the military drops the FN SCAR as a program or phases in a new 7.62 guns that the SCAR will sit as a gun with a retail of say 2600-2800 and little justification for that price point.
View Quote

You should take your personal issues up with that forum not on this one.  After being bored and reading all of this I've gone there and read what they are saying about you as well. It's clear there is a beef between you and Sgt Stryker and both sides are reading the threads on both boards.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Sir,

I got it, but I view their actions, recent and past, posing unethical threats to sponsors of this site who has a product that the inner circle over there competes with. Not on the merits of the product but how the competition is undermined, disparaged, and slandered.

If Bernie Maddoff was able to hide his identity, but just joined the investment firm that manages your 401k, wouldn't you want to know?

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I would buy a FDE SCARL if they were around $1500 new.  I don't see that happening though, so I probably won't get one, at least not for quite a few years.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#16]

SCAR-H (7.62) 16" = $1232.50, shipped.

SCAR-H, or SCAR-L Gas Piston. $67.00.

SCAR-H, or SCAR-L Return Spring Assembly. $56.00

SCAR-H Firing Pin - $39.75

SCAR 17 Bolt Carrier. $430.00.

SCAR-H, or SCAR-L Extractor Kit. $64.75

SCAR-H, or SCAR-L Ejector Kit. $12.00

SCAR-H, or SCAR-L Buttstock Module - BLACK. $161.75

SCAR-H, or SCAR-L Gas Piston Rings (set of 3). $16.50

SCAR-H, or SCAR-L Gas Regulator. $36.75

SCAR 16 Trigger Complete Modules - $515 each

bolt $275.75

ARE U FUCKING KIDDING ME ON THESE PRICES?????  the above totals $2907.75

I can buy a new SCAR 17 for $2500.00
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:49:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SCAR-H (7.62) 16" = $1232.50, shipped.   SCAR-H, or SCAR-L Gas Piston. $67.00.
bolt $275.75

View All Quotes
Quoted:
bolt $275.75

Isn't that the same with most anything you buy? Buy a car at the dealership piece by piece and see what it costs, same with any gun......... Everything cost more if you buy it in pieces, always has. That's one of the reasons I bought a second SCAR, cheapest way to have spares.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Isn't that the same with most anything you buy? Buy a car at the dealership piece by piece and see what it costs, same with any gun......... Everything cost more if you buy it in pieces, always has. That's one of the reasons I bought a second SCAR, cheapest way to have spares.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

bolt $275.75

not true with a AR15
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
not true with a AR15
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
bolt $275.75

not true with a AR15

Really?? You can call Colt or one of their dealers and order each part separately and it'll cost less than just buying the whole rifle outright?? Were talking apples to apples here, not just buying the cheapest pieces to put together a rifle.......buying the identical brand factory made parts.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Really?? You can call Colt or one of their dealers and order each part separately and it'll cost less than just buying the whole rifle outright?? Were talking apples to apples here, not just buying the cheapest pieces to put together a rifle.......buying the identical brand factory made parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

bolt $275.75

not true with a AR15

whatever guy im not going to argue with you... you seem to know it all

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#21]
CP he is a pilgrim from FNFourmastan, that is how they act over there, they consider all who do follow their version of sharia as apostates, and to pay the Jizya, be exiled, or executed

also this proves my point on how costs are the primary limitation on developing the platform.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:27:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

CP he is a pilgrim from FNFourmastan, that is how they act over there, they consider all who do follow their version of sharia as apostates, and to pay the Jizya, be exiled, or executed

also this proves my point on how costs are the primary limitation on developing the platform.
View Quote
the facts are these places selling parts are not the factory...they are making profits, HIGH profits i might add, that guy wants over $500 for a lower another site online sells them for $325.00 what is the price from the factory ? i have no idea but im sure these guys are probably doubling their money

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Serious questions klrb929, are you now Fox33 at M4C, since you changed your http://www.socnet.com from klrb929 to Fox33?  

Just trying to figure out if you are the same person.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
I really hate when you spew this crap on every thread can you ever post without knocking the FNforum and the SCAR?

I have been a member since 2008 of several forums and I have never seen the crap you talk about.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread is a little off but I'll throw in my .02

Absolutely no doubt that FN is selling these at a tremendous markup.  That's the nature of any retail product.

I think it's possible that we could within the next couple of years see FN selling SCARs like they do the PS90 to LE officers and departments for about 2/3 to 1/2 price.  But by then you won't really care because they won't be in such demand.

Just go find the best deal on one right now, buy it and enjoy it.  If they reduce the price in a couple of years, so what.  I don't think I'm going to go out and buy ten of them.  But I might add a 16 to go along with my 17.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This thread is a little off but I'll throw in my .02

Absolutely no doubt that FN is selling these at a tremendous markup.  That's the nature of any retail product.

I think it's possible that we could within the next couple of years see FN selling SCARs like they do the PS90 to LE officers and departments for about 2/3 to 1/2 price.  But by then you won't really care because they won't be in such demand.

Just go find the best deal on one right now, buy it and enjoy it.  If they reduce the price in a couple of years, so what.  I don't think I'm going to go out and buy ten of them.  But I might add a 16 to go along with my 17.
View Quote

If the only reason the demand exists is because of the "price" or "exclusivity" created by the price, then the weapon system isn't good enough to hold up on its own. The AR15 continues to be popular, despite it not being unique or having cheaper price points.

If the SCAR got cheaper, it would sell more and become more popular, I highly doubt it going cheaper would limit its popularity. It is a good rifle and has serious potential.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top