Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 6:37:57 AM EDT
I have been wanting a PS90 for a long time and now am thinking about getting one. I would like to get one with the LEO/Mil discount as I am a volunteer firefighter. However, I have no idea how this process works. Does anybody have any experience with it? I do not have an ID card for my fire department, but I could probably have my chief write a letter stating my status. In addition, I am currently in the USMC PLC program in college. I will be going to OCS in Quantico this summer. I don't have a military ID yet, but will in the future and can wait until then to pick one of these up. I definitely don't want to pay the inflated msrp on a PS90 though.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have been wanting a PS90 for a long time and now am thinking about getting one. I would like to get one with the LEO/Mil discount as I am a volunteer firefighter. However, I have no idea how this process works. Does anybody have any experience with it? I do not have an ID card for my fire department, but I could probably have my chief write a letter stating my status. In addition, I am currently in the USMC PLC program in college. I will be going to OCS in Quantico this summer. I don't have a military ID yet, but will in the future and can wait until then to pick one of these up. I definitely don't want to pay the inflated msrp on a PS90 though.
View Quote

I don't think volunteer firefighter is covered, these people can answer your questions OMB Guns
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think volunteer firefighter is covered, these people can answer your questions OMB Guns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that link that they didn't have any option for firefighter, but I had seen this ad where they say volunteer firefighter qualifies.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2891872/dayton-ohio-rifles-for-sale--fn-ps90-ps-90-5-7-bullpup-rifle---new-in-box---dealer--

I've also seen a few other posts on forums where people said volunteer firefighters could get the discount. I could be wrong though
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Firefighters do not get the discount with the PS90,(volunteer or career), as I have tried. Only ones to get it are LEO with paperwork ,(you must have proof of employment and letterhead signed by the chief,etc..).
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Firefighters do not get the discount with the PS90,(volunteer or career), as I have tried. Only ones to get it are LEO with paperwork ,(you must have proof of employment and letterhead signed by the chief,etc..).
View Quote

Damn that sucks. Which dealer did you try? So military doesn't even get the discount either?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Military does
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Armed security guards get it, which is as easy to get as a CCW in many states
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried OMG and they won't even budge. I guess they are looking to sell to someone who can get them more business from their department/employer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top