Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2014 4:53:29 AM EDT
Thinking of finally springing for a trigger upgrade on my 17.  I have some Geissele SSA-Enhanced AR-15 triggers and like them a lot.  The Geissele Super Scar trigger is $45 more than the Timney and I can't find in stock anywhere.  Are they worth the wait and extra $$?
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:47:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Thinking of finally springing for a trigger upgrade on my 17.  I have some Geissele SSA-Enhanced AR-15 triggers and like them a lot.  The Geissele Super Scar trigger is $45 more than the Timney and I can't find in stock anywhere.  Are they worth the wait and extra $$?
View Quote

PUT SIMPLY YES!!!

My Super SCAR trigger is unlike any other I could almost write poetry about its awesomeness!

Especially going from almost a 10# trigger that the sear surfaces were cut all crooked and felt like it was full of sand.  To something that feels like you are breaking glass tubes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 6:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Worth every penny in price difference.

Some (not all) Timney triggers have issues with lighting off hard military primers in 762Nato/308.  It has to do with the hammer spring being to light.

The Geiselle uses the factory ScarH hammer spring.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#4]
In case the previous posts aren't enough ... here's another hell yes, get it!
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some (not all) Timney triggers have issues with lighting off hard military primers in 762Nato/308.  It has to do with the hammer spring being to light.

View Quote

This would be a concern, since it could be a go-to gun.  Not that I think the odds are high that the apocalypse comes, but in the remote case it does than reliability is important.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:33:00 AM EDT
[#6]
ROG Tactical has them, $325 shipped 2 days to your door. No they aren't the cheapest but I don't think you will be funding the 265-280 super scar triggers in stock any time soon. Go ahead and get you one
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#7]
This is a better trigger for less:

http://www.shootingsight.com/scar%20trigger.html
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This would be a concern, since it could be a go-to gun.  Not that I think the odds are high that the apocalypse comes, but in the remote case it does than reliability is important.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have personally shot every type of ammo I can get a hold of through my scarH with the Geiselle trigger installed.  Zero issues thus far.  I am somewhere around 8000rds fired, 5000+ with the Geiselle in the rifle
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't know if it's better but I bought this one too, it's a great trigger too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Geissele or nothing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, both are outstanding triggers.

If you want a 2 stage- Geiselle
single stage- Timney

USSA-1
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The TWO Timney's I had both doubled and tripled and the first one did not set off mil-spec primers.  They are DANGEROUS.  I tried with the metal plate under it, with the red spring, etc. and they both doubled and the second one (they replaced the first), tripled some times.  Not a good thing at a public range!
Anyways the Geissele is AWESOME I replaced it with and it has been 100%
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The TWO Timney's I had both doubled and tripled and the first one did not set off mil-spec primers.  They are DANGEROUS.  I tried with the metal plate under it, with the red spring, etc. and [red}they both doubled and the second one (they replaced the first), tripled some times.  Not a good thing at a public range![/red]
View Quote

Well, I'm sure you sure became the popular guy quick. "Hey man, where'd you get the full auto SCAR man?"

"Gotta go!"
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, I'm sure you sure became the popular guy quick. "Hey man, where'd you get the full auto SCAR man?"

"Gotta go!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The TWO Timney's I had both doubled and tripled and the first one did not set off mil-spec primers.  They are DANGEROUS.  I tried with the metal plate under it, with the red spring, etc. and [red}they both doubled and the second one (they replaced the first), tripled some times.  Not a good thing at a public range![/red]

"Gotta go!"

No kidding.  There's attention you don't want!  
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you like it in comparison to the GSS?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have shot different triggers in the SCAR on mine and my friends SCARs by far the Geissele SST is the best.  I would go as far to say out of all my rifles the SST is the best trigger in my safe and I have Geissele and RRA triggers in my 7 AR's, fine tuned one in my Win Model 70, my 1911's, my Remington 700, my custom 1903 MK1.  The only trigger I like more is my M1a's trigger that I have done work to.

Best 325 I have spent in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, appreciate the input.  I'll be swapping mine out sometime this year.  It's a pretty solid chance Geissele is the way I'm going too.  Pretty sure I won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I snoozed at ROGtactical, and it's out of stock now.  I'll go with the Geissele, I'm very happy with the SSA-E in my AR.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never owned a GSS trigger but everything I've heard is good about them. I bought the Shooting Sight trigger for the adjustability and the price was better too. I'm very happy with my decision.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I snoozed at ROGtactical, and it's out of stock now.  I'll go with the Geissele, I'm very happy with the SSA-E in my AR.
View Quote

There's a group buy for this trigger being put together over on FN forum. There's no time frames given though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There's a group buy for this trigger being put together over on FN forum. There's no time frames given though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!  I'll check that out.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've never owned a GSS trigger but everything I've heard is good about them. I bought the Shooting Sight trigger for the adjustability and the price was better too. I'm very happy with my decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it, thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#23]
OP - IM sent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]
+1 Geissele best upgrade you can do.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The TWO Timney's I had both doubled and tripled and the first one did not set off mil-spec primers.  They are DANGEROUS.  I tried with the metal plate under it, with the red spring, etc. and they both doubled and the second one (they replaced the first), tripled some times.  Not a good thing at a public range!
View Quote

Timney says doubling can be caused by lubing their triggers.  Their instructions warn against lubrication.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#26]
PSA just had a 20% off almost everything sale, so I have the Super Scar on the way for $250
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top