Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2014 12:43:20 PM EDT
What do the positions on the FNC gas port selector correspond to?

I believe there are 4 settings.  From leftmost to rightmost, what is turning the lever doing?

Opening or closing the setting?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have mine with me now, but I belive it has 4 settings on it.  Feels like 4 seperate notches when I twist the lever - 10 o-clock, 11, 1, and 2.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]
There are two settings, normal and adverse. You use your thumb to push the lever into the adverse position if you start to have cycling issues, very fast to do.
There is a flip up grenade sight behind the front sight, lifting this to the up position closes off the gas system for using blanks with rifle grenades.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock positions you are referring to are when the "detent pin" on the gas tube are not engaged in the receiver. The pin is outside the receiver.  There are only 2 engaged pin positions, they are the grooves in the receiver for the spring loaded pin. If you look at it closely you will see the grooves.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  So what are the "10 and 2 oclock" postions for, if normal mode is 11, and advese is 1?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top