Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2013 4:46:03 AM EDT
I posted this in the Bullpup forums as well, but I'm hearing FN has discontinued production of the FS2000.
Any body know if this is true?
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#1]
They may have sidelined it to produce the SCAR lines since they are in higher demand.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They may have sidelined it to produce the SCAR lines since they are in higher demand.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I've been waiting on a FS2000 since early December.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Only rumor I had heard was the possibility of FDE stocks coming out this year.

ETA: Apparently production has been halted for the time being. FN might be retasking resources to pump out more rifles that sell faster(ie SCARs). Hopefully we'll see the FS2000 return to production or hopefully a new and improved(and smaller) version.
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ETA: Apparently production has been halted for the time being. FN might be retasking resources to pump out more rifles that sell faster(ie SCARs). Hopefully we'll see the FS2000 return to production or hopefully a new and improved(and smaller) version.

I don't necessarily buy this 100%, though I know SCARs outsell most everything FNH sells.

For example, I have heard the the ps90 is also halted, but I am on 3 LE lists that number in the hundreds each waiting for a ps90. Those are going nowhere, and FNH is just sitting on it.

I definitely agree that the SCAR is most likely their front runner by far.

Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
A recurring problem for FN is they seem to keep the civilian sales side pushed back even further than Colt did. No one has any idea what they are doing, or releasing, or anything at any given time. To succeed in the civilian market, you have to keep the public informed. FN just kinda ships when they want to...
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
should of got one when the getting was good.....as I did
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I could see that, I don't think they are selling that great. I'd rather have an AUG if I wanted a 5.56mm bullpup
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A recurring problem for FN is they seem to keep the civilian sales side pushed back even further than Colt did. No one has any idea what they are doing, or releasing, or anything at any given time. To succeed in the civilian market, you have to keep the public informed. FN just kinda ships when they want to...

They learn that from colt and Larue?
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
should of got one when the getting was good.....as I did

Link Posted: 5/14/2013 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They learn that from colt and Larue?

I'd say FN is worse than those two.

Actually I did order mine back in early Dec. before the S hit the F. I put it on layaway with a major seller who accidentally oversold mine. I keep in pretty constant contact bugging them about when they will get one seeing as I'm locked in on price for that one.

Link Posted: 5/14/2013 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't necessarily buy this 100%, though I know SCARs outsell most everything FNH sells.

For example, I have heard the the ps90 is also halted, but I am on 3 LE lists that number in the hundreds each waiting for a ps90. Those are going nowhere, and FNH is just sitting on it.

I definitely agree that the SCAR is most likely their front runner by far.

I just got notice that my PS90 shipped last week and I should have it tomorrow or Thursday.  I have been waiting since January for it to come in.

Link Posted: 5/14/2013 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Still waiting to find a Sub $900 five-seven....been waiting for about 5 years now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]

SO halted production means discontinued? I'll wait for official announcement.

Link Posted: 5/15/2013 8:16:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I was actually thinking of selling one of mine. If this is true, maybe I'll hold off.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#15]
I sent FN an email asking if the FS2000 was to be discontinued and I will update in the unlikely event I get a response.
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#16]
According to the FN forum.net it's pretty much official
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Some official FN communications say yes, some official communications say no. I have no idea.

I do know the Tri rail that was supposed to be discontinued came in the other day.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#18]
According to those who have talked directly with FNH, it's being temporarily discontinued until 2014.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
According to those who have talked directly with FNH, it's being temporarily discontinued until 2014.

Where did you hear that?  I've heard from several sources who are in direct contact w/fn that it is officially discontinued (just the FS2000 not F2000)
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you hear that?  I've heard from several sources who are in direct contact w/fn that it is officially discontinued (just the FS2000 not F2000)

I read it on another couple boards and a blog. I talked to FNH myself and they told me the FS2000 is officially discontinued, but that Herstal can continue production whenever they want to. His words seemed to imply (to me) that FNH can decide to resume on the drop of a dime.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read it on another couple boards and a blog. I talked to FNH myself and they told me the FS2000 is officially discontinued, but that Herstal can continue production whenever they want to. His words seemed to imply (to me) that FNH can decide to resume on the drop of a dime.

Ah gotcha.

I hope they continue making more in the future, I really like my "Tactical Tuna"
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Oops.
I misread your thread title.  I thought it said discounted, not discontinued.  I got excited there for a moment.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#23]
This doesn't sound good for the FS2000. Bullpups are a niche market as it is, and with the arrival of the Tavor, I can see it eating into FS2000 sales.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 5:30:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I just received this message from FN:

Hi Redacted,

Thank you for supporting FN products.

The FS2000 is in a phase out process and it has been undetermined if there will be a second generation in the future.

Best regards,

FNH USA Customer Service
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hi Redacted,

The FS2000 is in a phase out process and it has been undetermined if there will be a second generation in the future.

Best regards,

FNH USA Customer Service
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2013 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Redacted,

Best regards,

FNH USA Customer Service

shit...wtf
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Think of it this way, we'll most likely have an even BETTER product in the future.  Maybe a stronger charging handle and brass elevator?  Maybe they'll make an SBR version with the real F2000 flash hider?  Think positively.
Link Posted: 7/31/2013 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Think of it this way, we'll most likely have an even BETTER product in the future.  Maybe a stronger charging handle and brass elevator?  Maybe they'll make an SBR version with the real F2000 flash hider?  Think positively.
View Quote

That, or they could just permanently discontinue it to focus on the SCAR....
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 5:10:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm bummed.  I shoot lefty and it's my favorite bullpup.

I wonder how long it will be for parts availability to dry up?

They don't seem to be getting super expensive on GunBroker yet.
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm bummed.  I shoot lefty and it's my favorite bullpup.

I wonder how long it will be for parts availability to dry up?

They don't seem to be getting super expensive on GunBroker yet.
View Quote

FN has stated that parts will continue to be available.
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Good thing I have my one shooter and one NIB.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#32]
well hell.

I've played with the Tavor, and I just can't get into it.

But owning a rifle that is out of production is very unappealing to me.

Damnit.  I just got the setup the way I like it too.

Though I did move the Aimpoint to an AR, so now it wears an EOTech XPS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
well hell.

I've played with the Tavor, and I just can't get into it.

But owning a rifle that is out of production is very unappealing to me.

Damnit.  I just got the setup the way I like it too.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/roughedge/2F3EB436-31CC-4AE8-BAB8-3C65238574D8-4021-000002F2BADC99AB_zps2d432250.jpg
Though I did move the Aimpoint to an AR, so now it wears an EOTech XPS.
View Quote

makes me love mine even more....keep it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Well that's a bummer. I love mine. Like it better than my AUG. Better stock up on parts I guess.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:51:27 AM EDT
[#35]
The only gun I ever regret selling. I might have to offload some AR parts to get another, but the pinned muzzle device and factory SBR barrels for my SCARs tipped me toward selling it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed. I do think the design deserves a second version that is a bit more modular and the potential to use shorter barrels, and a LRBHO. I would love to see a shorter LOP using a more vertical "BCM gunfighter"-ish style grip. It would also be nice if the next gen wasn't quite as wide.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I am hoping for some news around SHOT as far as the future of the FS2000. If I cannot go personally I will ask someone who is going to ask FNH.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh great, I'm finding out this news 6mo too late. Apparently my favorite tactical tuna is discontinued.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#39]
I still have mine, sealed in its little birth cocoon(shipping container). I have a tri  rail ready for it, too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#40]
I still have mine, sealed in its little birth cocoon(shipping container). I have a tri  rail ready for it, too.

I would be more excited for a good word about the tuna from SHOT than I would be about steyr's 150th surprise, although it looks like it was leaked on the bullpup section.
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey Guys I talked with the good folks at FNH about the FS2000 about 3 weeks ago via email. At that time I was told that they would restart product in about 2 years. It looks like they are focused on their new AR-15 model sales for now. Bottom line is that they are wanting for the supply of FS2000 to dry up and sales of used and NOS ( new old stock) prices to rise shapely. So if prices get real high on them later on and you plan to sale do it then because FN will come in with new ones and that could lower the price on those people holding on to  FS2000's for investment purposes.
As for the one I own it will stay in the family for decades to come my son has dared me to sell it. I think he know who gets all my guns when I'm gone. lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top