[#1]
Wow, what happened?

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, what happened?

View Quote

Several years ago I drank the ADCO kool aide and sent a Rock River 9mm upper into them to have it drilled for a gas tube.

BAD MOVE!

When I finally got it back the gas tube hole was damn near touching the threads for the barrel nut.

I contacted them and their response was "Send it all to us and we will assemble it"

WTF, there was no assembling it.

No "Send it to us and we will replace your receiver we fucked up"

Never more!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's mine at my dealer

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, the pain.... mr usps came by with my barrel from TROS while I was out today... guess I have to wait until tomorrow to put it all back together...
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up my PS90 today. Heading to the range tomorrow to shoot 1/2 mag or so just to make sure there's not a major issue. Stopping by a friend's shop on the way home to cut the shroud off. Will box up the barrel when in get home and send it off to Mark. Receiver goes out at the end of next week for the engraving.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Got my barrel two nights ago! Rifle is now put together.  

And with a Promoted Pawn low pro rail. Just need to order some pic rails for the side of the receiver and im done!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quick Q!!

Just want to make sure I didn't lose anything...was there a piece between the shroud and the spring in the front of the receiver? Or did the shroud the only thing holding the spring in place?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quick Q!!

Just want to make sure I didn't lose anything...was there a piece between the shroud and the spring in the front of the receiver? Or did the shroud the only thing holding the spring in place?
View Quote

The shroud should have been the only thing holding the barrel spring in place.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Slghtly off topic, but what suppressors work best on these?  I have (well, still in purgatory) a .22 (rated for 5.7), a .45, and a 7.62, any of which could be mounted...
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
When I had my threaded muzzle adapter installed I tried a YHM 5.56 Stainless Phantom and after getting the ok from Gemtech my 9mm Multimount with a fixed barrel adapter.

Neither performed all that well in my opinion. I had no access to subsonic ammo so everything was going super out of it, IMO necessitating earpro like any regular 5.56 rifle. The added weight with the YHM phantom was off putting as it totally boofed the balance of the rifle. The Multimount felt like nothing was there but it's ability to suppress the round was lacking to put it politely.

I thought about buying a dedicated 5.7 can for it but decided against it. Mostly because I don't have the facilities to roll my own subs (or buy them), so if I'm going to have to wear earpro anyway then I'd rather have it be as short as I can get it... which is one of the biggest selling points to the PS90 SBR.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks. I have the small spring in the front, the long spring around the dowel, and the other spring is still working on the release button.

I bought a Sparrow to dedicate to the SBR. I also have three Spectre IIs, but going for the shorter and lighter Sparrow for this one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]
On suppressors there are a few things to keep in mind...

Cans are HARD on P90's / PS90's, why? Because the are blowback operated.

Cans create much more back pressure, some of the issues you MIGHT encounter are magazines popping up, chipping of the hole in the stock where the receiver release button locks.

There are several "fixes" that have been tried, stronger action springs & making your bolt heavier with Tungsten alloy. Both are proven "band aid" fixes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]
You can reload subs.  Very worth it once you got it figured out.  Nothing like a meaty thunk of hitting the berm and the clicky clack of internals.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Oh, the pain.... mr usps came by with my barrel from TROS while I was out today... guess I have to wait until tomorrow to put it all back together...
View Quote
And it is done...

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Slghtly off topic, but what suppressors work best on these?  I have (well, still in purgatory) a .22 (rated for 5.7), a .45, and a 7.62, any of which could be mounted...
View Quote

I use a Surefire Micro on mine. AAC's Mini-4 would be another excellent choice. A micro 5.56 can at least minimizes the extra weight and length(especially compared to a 7.62 can or the YHM Phantom that JsARCLIGHT tried).
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Went to shoot mine at the dealers today
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Several years ago I drank the ADCO kool aide and sent a Rock River 9mm upper into them to have it drilled for a gas tube.

BAD MOVE!

When I finally got it back the gas tube hole was damn near touching the threads for the barrel nut.

I contacted them and their response was "Send it all to us and we will assemble it"

Never more!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, what happened?

BAD MOVE!

Never more!
So you didnt send it back?

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I am running a Specwar 5.56 for now, but ordered a Sparrow 22 for my PS90 and Five Seven.  128DB? Yes please.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am running a Specwar 5.56 for now, but ordered a Sparrow 22 for my PS90 and Five Seven.  128DB? Yes please.
View Quote

What kind of load is that DB number generated from, if you know?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#20]

What groups were you getting and what range?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, what happened?

BAD MOVE!

Never more!

They had already FUBARED my upper receiver, I was willing to send them the receiver but they wanted the whole upper group of parts.

No way was I also sending them my NEW Colt barrel, NEW Daniel Defense Lite Rail, etc. so they could try and screw it all together.  Keep in mind, when this occurred I had at that point assembled OVER 200 uppers with never an issue.  The hole was so far from where it should have been I could tell by just looking at it.

And I DID TRY to assemble it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I honestly was shooting to test function. The white ghost ring sight wasn't sighted in, but it was decent groups at 7 meters.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Do you rocksett the adapter on?  Will be using a Surefire mini can, just need to send it off to TROS.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do you rocksett the adapter on?  Will be using a Surefire mini can, just need to send it off to TROS.
View Quote

I'm not. May put a drop or two of blue loc-tite, but that would be about it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#25]
USPS delivered my receiver to engraver today, and I'll probably have it back it a week or less. Mark said I should have my barrel back by the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think this was the thread where somebody recommended a bicycle cone wrench. I bought one on eBay and it arrived today. Thought I'd share:

Paid $2.29 + $.99 shipping. Assuming it actually fits, I think it was well worth it to not have to grind one down.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
USPS delivered my receiver to engraver today, and I'll probably have it back it a week or less. Mark said I should have my barrel back by the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think this was the thread where somebody recommended a bicycle cone wrench. I bought one on eBay and it arrived today. Thought I'd share:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/581CCEE1-2EC5-4C48-9127-15779AD3CD7F_zps6ws8x44f.jpg

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/ACAA517A-03A1-4A4B-B115-E7AAC77EF53C_zpsmzmj8ol4.jpg

Paid $2.29 + $.99 shipping. Assuming it actually fits, I think it was well worth it to not have to grind one down.
View Quote

I bought a crowsfoot adapter to grind down. That way I could attach a torque wrench.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#27]
i use a spectre II supressor on my ps90 sbr. love it. works great.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Got pics of my PS90 engraving from CS223. It's headed back my way tomorrow. Not his normal spot for a PS90, but I like it!

After engraving:

After reblackening:
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:15:36 AM EDT
[#29]
A couple pics to show what it looks like without a barrel.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Got the adapter from TROS today. Well, actually got it Sat, but it wasn't the SiCo version. He immediately shipped out the right one.

Here's a shot of the two adapters.

The SiCo adapter engages the o-ring exactly as it should:

One little bit of info...the 15mm cone wrench I bought doesn't fit the TROS adapter. Neither does the standard 15mm open end wrench I have. The flats on the adapter are wider than 15mm by a little bit. The good news is you can use a standard adjustable wrench and hold the adapter while you tighten the barrel from the breech end.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One little bit of info...the 15mm cone wrench I bought doesn't fit the TROS adapter. Neither does the standard 15mm open end wrench I have. The flats on the adapter are wider than 15mm by a little bit. The good news is you can use a standard adjustable wrench and hold the adapter while you tighten the barrel from the breech end.
View Quote

That is what you are supposed to do... the barrel breach flats are 15mm, the flash hider / threaded adapter flats are 19mm if I remember right.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That is what you are supposed to do... the barrel breach flats are 15mm, the flash hider / threaded adapter flats are 19mm if I remember right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I misunderstood. I though the write-up I saw said you needed a thin 15mm wrench to be able to grab the adapter when it was up next to the barrel.

Oh well...I'll get it figured out eventually...just need that email from the ATF and I'll make it right.

Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#33]
My PS90 is due to be delivered Monday!  What OAL length are you guys using for your form 1?  With the shroud attached, it's going to be hard to know where the barrel end will be.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My PS90 is due to be delivered Monday!  What OAL length are you guys using for your form 1?  With the shroud attached, it's going to be hard to know where the barrel end will be.
View Quote

I used 19.9" taken from the P90 wiki page.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:51:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mark gave me 10.4" barrel and 19.1" OAL. That's what I filed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Finally got mine mostly together. Hopefully I will get it to the range tomorrow.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Finally got mine mostly together. Hopefully I will get it to the range tomorrow.

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/wydrjc/media/20141123_201307-1_zpsghf5h5hp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/wydrjc/20141123_201307-1_zpsghf5h5hp.jpg</a>
View Quote

dangit, I have a black one, now i want an OD Green one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s234.photobucket.com/user/wydrjc/media/20141123_201307-1_zpsghf5h5hp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/wydrjc/20141123_201307-1_zpsghf5h5hp.jpg</a>

Green is no longer in production
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top