Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 6/27/2017 4:35:23 AM EDT
If you go from a 20" pencil upper with A2 stock to a 14.5" upper or even 11.5" upper, are there buffer or other changes needed or recommended (still on an A2 stock)?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
You shouldn't need too.

Personally I use adjustable gas blocks on all of my uppers and tune them for use with a H1 buffer so I don't have to swap out the buffer spring or buffer weight, just push two pins and drop on the next upper, fire until it gets to hot to hold and repeat.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
i had to.....i went from a 11.5 to a 14.5 and it would not run on same same buffer and spring

11.5 BCM upper ---H2 w/ heavy spring
14.5  Colt SOCOM----H w/ standard spring

my 11.5 is even tuned down with an adjustable gas block

try it and see what happens...adjust it if it doesnt perform correctly

ive got a 8.5" .300 blackout upper to try out now.....im expecting to have to adjust/tune it also
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Tony_K!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top