Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 8:15:12 AM EDT
If I got a M16A1, would I be able to slap uppers like a 8" 300BLK upper onto it without any issue?
Or would it necessitate a SBR tax stamp as well? Not sure how it's legally done.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Machine gun trumps all others. Go ahead and slap away. Most M 16 owners have many uppers. Lot's of choices.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Machine gun trumps all others. Go ahead and slap away. Most M 16 owners have many uppers. Lot's of choices.
View Quote
+1

No restriction on length or caliber for MGs, I have a variety of barrel lengths and calibers uppers for mine.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
just bought a 8.5" 300 blackout upper for mine....couldnt pass it up for $210 shipped from PSA
when you own a machine gun you can pretty much do anything you want with it...ive got 4 uppers now for my M16a2

original (unfired)
14" Socom w/ carry handle (authentic M16 look)
10.5" setup for suppressed(m4-tricked out/fast option)
8.5" for 300 blackout(short as hell and waiting to try subsonic suppressed)

why not add some variety to a $25-35k gun for $210-750 each
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd also include .22 LR and 9 mm uppers with the barrel length of your choice.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it easy to get a M16 lower to run 9mm and 22lr correctly?

And out of curiosity... did you guys also swap out the grips, buttstocks, and triggers?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it easy to get a M16 lower to run 9mm and 22lr correctly?

And out of curiosity... did you guys also swap out the grips, buttstocks, and triggers?
View Quote
The M16A1 I have already had police inventory marking and a few scars from use (and was priced accordingly), so I swapped out parts with impunity.

I use a so-called 9 mm (two-piece) buffer exclusively and have had good luck with 9 mm and .45 ACP uppers as well as 5.56.  I have a .22 conversion unit that seems to work well with CCI MiniMag ammo, but does need to be cleaned every couple hundred rounds.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to pursue.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top