Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 1/20/2017 10:14:48 PM EDT
Guys - I've hit a wall with my full auto .22 conversion and could use some advice. My setup is as follows:

Sp-1 RR with CMMG stainless .22 FA conversion using their sear trip and anti-bounce weight. 4.5" CMMG .22 upper with and without suppressor.
The setup runs fine in semi, however I can never get more than 3-4 round burst in FA with a light rim strike on the last round and hammer down.

I've spent a lot of time going researching .22 full auto issues online. These are the tweaks I have tried:

High and hyper velocity ammo - CCI mini mags, Stingers, Remington Golden, Yellow jackets, ect
Several types of Black Dog and CMMG mags
TACCOM plug
Mil-spec and Geiselle SSF triggers
Lakeside recoil and trigger springs - trimmed recoil spring.
Fitted sear/hammer engagement.

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like bolt bounce, you could try the ball detent mod in addition to the anti-bounce weight. Try searching ar conversion ball detent mod on goggle and it should pop up. Spikes kits used to have it standard.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Im assuming this is on a RR? You might have to bend the trip to ensure engagement or timing.
But
I would think a weaker hammer spring may help.

I like the tappcon firing pin and the thing you inserting into the buffer tube infront of the buffer weight helps the keep the drop in conversion where its supose to be.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Send me an email to [email protected] and I will send you a list of what I did to get mine running.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine runs great, it's a Ciener but it's still close enough to the CMMG. I installed the ball detent and no longer run the anti-bounce weight. Placed a couple o-rings in the barrel extension to hold the chamber adapter and played with a spacer between the buffer and the guide rail end cap but it never made any difference in my gun which is also a converted SP1.

You may need to tweak the sear trip as suggested by MGnoob, I cracked one and it never worked correctly after I welded it up. I bought some of the CMMG trips at Knob Creek an few years ago but haven't used them yet so I can't speak to their functionality.

Also check your FCG as worn parts create problems similar to those you're having with these 22 kits, again ask me how I know!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top