Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 12/26/2016 8:52:47 PM EDT
got my aac m4-2000 installed and shot my m16a2 today.....the suppressor really transforms the gun...weight, sound and feel

i added an adjustable gas block in prep for the suppressor....even with the gas block turned down to the point of barely functioning it still is tossing brass 2 oclock to 4 oclock....w/o the suppressor i can turn the gas up about 2 clicks and it shoots brass 1-2 oclock consistently..........

if the gas is as low as it can go and still function and its still too fast is there an issue?

tried doing a mag dump on a full size silhouette at 25 yards....maybe hit the guy 10 shots out of the 20 i used.......

i have a 11.5 barrel w/ vertical foregrip(BCM UPPER)....any tips on doing a mag dump an keeping it on target 100%?...i can do it with my UZI...i can practically write my name with my uzi....but .223 just goes straight up...need some tips to keep it steady and on target?

Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Adjustable gas blocks only vary the gas flow to the carrier.  They don't change the timing.  Adding a suppressor onto the muzzle effectively turns it into a longer barrel which makes it like having a carbine gas system on a 20" barrel.

The gas from the port doesn't cycle the action.  It only unlocks the bolt.  The chamber pressure at the instant the bolt unlocks drives the bolt and carrier to the rear and cycles the action.  A suppressor effectively stores almost all of the pressure from the burning powder and releases it somewhat slowly after the bullet leaves the barrel.  With a short barrel, the gas it traps has a much quicker and less restricted path back to the chamber to drive the bolt back with greater velocity.  The best solution is to get a barrel with a longer gas system for use with the suppressor.  

My personal opinion is that a rifle length gas system on a 16" barrel is probably ideal for use with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's ejecting at 1 o'clock it's probably bouncing hard off the shell deflector, generally 3-4 o'clock is "perfect" for the guys that get worked up about that. That stuff really isn't that important though.

As far as muzzle climb, what muzzle device are you using?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
How did it do for noise reduction. 
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 11:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]
ive used a suppressor before on .45 and 9mm subguns....with the right ammo you can take your headphones off.....with the M16 its very different...its more quiet in one way (right next to your head), but just as loud in the distance...no way you could remove your headphones...maybe if you were shooting in an open field? ..my range is a bowl....my best description would be that it went from bang/bang/bang to chug/chug/chug or thump/thump/thump....it does something......it smooths things out....its HEAVY, so it helps muzzle climb

im most likely thinking backwards on the shells ejecting after thinking about it...they are barely touching the shell ejector....its almost perfectly clean.......i do have an occasional 2 oclock, but mostly 3 or 4oclock

biggest thing is cleaning the gun...WOW is it dirty....probably did 160 rounds....q tips are pure black everywhere
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Need some pics.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
here's a pic and a video of my wife shooting it
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih4UILVByLA&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#8]
wrong thread.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
)....any tips on doing a mag dump an keeping it on target 100%?...i can do it with my UZI...i can practically write my name with my uzi....but .223 just goes straight up...need some tips to keep it steady and on target?
View Quote

Practice.

Best of luck and enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
....any tips on doing a mag dump an keeping it on target 100%?...i can do it with my UZI...i can practically write my name with my uzi....but .223 just goes straight up...need some tips to keep it steady and on target?
View Quote

Put the stock deep into the pocket of your shoulder, have an aggressive forward stance and... practice
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top