Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2016 10:02:48 AM EDT
I got a PSA glock style upper and lower because they are such a good deal, but unfortunately their bolt is semi-auto, not full-auto.
What bolt are you guys having success with in F/A?  It will be running suppressed with a DIAS, and I have the Blitzkrieg buffer and ar10 carbine spring.

I'm thinking JP, but I'm open to suggestions .
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll have to have the new auto spec bolt machined for single-stack glock mags, or make sure it already comes that way.

You're sure the PSA is semi-cut? Usually PSA doesn't bother neutering anything.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, unfortunately it is milled out for semi auto for some reason.  Seems strange when you are trying to add weight to 9mm bolts.

JP, and a few others say they work with glock mags as well as colt.

Still looking for anyone with firsthand experience!
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Could you weld a bead across the front of the lip (and dress up as need be) to add back the material that was milled off?

In any case, best of luck with your project.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
So I did weld it and milled it to about where it should be over the weekend.

It seems to run fine, except for the small problem that it beats the crap out of your trigger finger!  This is not an issue in semi, but in f/a the hammer is slammed back into the disconnector, which smacks the trigger back into your finger.  We're talking hard enough that you want to let go after the 1st 2 rounds.  Not fun, and certainly not good for wear and tear.

So... is the bolt ramped correctly?  I'm not sure if there are different ways to ramp them for semi vs f/a.
I'll try adding some spacers into the buffer tube to increase the spring tension, or try a heavier buffer if necessary.  Hopefully that will help.

Anyone have a problem with trigger slap before, and know how to fix it?
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:40:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you need more spring, or more buffer, or more weight, definitely. Trigger slap is not unknown, but it's not an everyday event.

Odd that it happens to you only in FA and not semi - the only difference in that position is that the disconnector is being held back by the selector, so the slight amount of force the disconnector applies to the hammer in semi is the difference between felt slap and no slap.

It is possible to relieve the disconnector slightly (you'll see the spot where the hammer's slapping into it) so the hammer no longer hits it, or at least no longer hits it quite as hard. Or add meat to the bolt, or mass to the buffer, or use a slightly stronger spring or slightly weaker ammo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally got a little free time to play around with it some more, and now things are running great.

PSA's 2 gas key screws sheared off after a few hundred rounds, so I switched to a JP bolt instead.  It was still running hard even with the Blitzkrieg buffer and an ar10 spring, so I ended up ordering a KAK 10 oz buffer.  I figured if it was too heavy I would just take out a weight or two for adjustments.

I put in the kak with a standard buffer spring and it's now running great.  No more trigger slap, and much less wear and tear.
I usually run 147 gr suppressed, but it also seemed to cycle the 115gr as well.

I'm very pleased with the kak buffer, as the 4 tungsten weights in it makes it easy to adjust if needed.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top