Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 12:46:32 PM EDT
Hi all,

I'm trying to make my m 16 into a burst Model. I have two questions,

1. Are the disconnectors different for a burst and a regular M-16? I believe it they are but I figured I'd ask. If they are I need a burst disconnector (any leads is great.  brownells is OOS).

2. What is the difference between an a2 burst cam and an M4 burst cam.? I have both of them in front of me in the M4 appears to have shorter cam points. Why is this? It is a timing / dwell issue or something else I can't seem to figure out why they would be different.

TIA

Eddie
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
1. Are the disconnectors different for a burst and a regular M-16? I believe it they are but I figured I'd ask. If they are I need a burst disconnector (any leads is great.  brownells is OOS).

2. What is the difference between an a2 burst cam and an M4 burst cam.? I have both of them in front of me in the M4 appears to have shorter cam points. Why is this? It is a timing / dwell issue or something else I can't seem to figure out why they would be different.
View Quote

1. Yes. Burst sets have two disconnectors, different hammer, extra parts on the hammer. Buy a burst fire control group set and it will drop into your registered receiver.
2. No special difference between those two cams - may just be manufacturing differences within acceptable tolerances.

For instance, I've cut a custom burst cam to give me a 2-round burst instead of a 3, so it had three shallow notches and three deep notches, instead of four shallow and two deep.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. The problem I have is I have the burst disconnector. But I also have an M-16 disconnector. I can't get them into the trigger together. Is the M-16 disconnector different when used with a burst set up?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. The problem I have is I have the burst disconnector. But I also have an M-16 disconnector. I can't get them into the trigger together. Is the M-16 disconnector different when used with a burst set up?
View Quote

Yes.
The burst trigger is different from the regular M16 trigger, and has a wider disconnector channel, with room for two disconnectors and disconnector springs. The semi disconnector is like the M16 disconnector, but with a bend in the tail to center its back tab, since it mounts to the left side of the wider channel in the trigger. The burst disconnector lacks a tail, and mounts to the right side of the wider channel in the trigger. The burst hammer has a wider disconnector ledge, to engage two disconnectors, and a slimmer axle boss to mount the burst cam and spring. The hammer spring has a wider loop on the right to pass over the burst cam assembly.

The only parts in common between a burst and FA FCG are the selector, trigger spring and the auto sear assembly, though some of the burst parts can still be used on a regular full auto FCG assembly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the burst trigger I have a burst hammer assembly. I have the burst disconnected.

I also have a regular M-16 disconnected. I cannot get the regular M-16 disconnector and the burst disconnector into the burst trigger.

So is there a specific left disconnector for burst
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Damn!  Thx!

Anyone know where i can get one in Stock?

Thx
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone know where i can get one i. Stock?
View Quote

Don't know who's got stock at the moment - I've sourced them from Bushmaster, Brownells, DPMS, Tapco, private sellers and as takeoffs from parts kits, in the past.

The burst kit left disconnector is thinner than a regular M16 disconnector (to fit in the trigger channel with the burst kit right disconnector), and the tail/tab at the end is bent to engage the selector's "shark fin". Post a WTB on EE, maybe?

ETA the left disconnector spring notch doesn't match up to the regular M16 disconnector spring notch, so making a left disconnector from a regular one would involve thinning it down on a grinder/sander, bending the tail, and changing the location of the spring notch forward a bit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Don't know who's got stock at the moment - I've sourced them from Bushmaster, Brownells, DPMS, Tapco, private sellers and as takeoffs from parts kits, in the past.

The burst kit left disconnector is thinner than a regular M16 disconnector (to fit in the trigger channel with the burst kit right disconnector), and the tail/tab at the end is bent to engage the selector's "shark fin". Post a WTB on EE, maybe?

ETA the left disconnector spring notch doesn't match up to the regular M16 disconnector spring notch, so making a left disconnector from a regular one would involve thinning it down on a grinder/sander, bending the tail, and changing the location of the spring notch forward a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone know where i can get one i. Stock?

thanks.  i saw it was thinner....i thought about grinding it down.....but then noticed the relocated spring notch....

if i cant find one i will take the tools to the one i have.

thanks again for your help.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
FYI, avoid any "EII" marked burst kits.  I have personally seen two of these in the last year that had out of spec hammers and would not function properly.  The last one I saw was sourced from Sarco.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
school me on m16 burst please
View Quote

Final Exam For AR/Burst:

Q) Should one have burst installed on an AR?

Correct answer is hell no.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I have two F/A and one Burst model, they are all fun in certain situations.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Final Exam For AR/Burst:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
school me on m16 burst please

Final Exam For AR/Burst:

+1
With a little trigger control practice you can get 3 round bursts every time with a full auto trigger.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I've found burst useful on 22s, 9mms, and extreme shortys - anything with RPM up over 1000. When I do so, I do it with 4-pos kits, though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Takes a bit of practice if you go back and forth between and A1 and an A2, but you can get used to it, of course we all like full rock and roll, but there are some instances that 3 burst is very useful.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Here is the standardized reply...
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a couple burst FCG's out of FN M16A2's. PM me if you're interested.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top