Posted: 5/19/2016 4:14:04 PM EDT
MY DIAS was worth $100

Times have changed

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
MY DIAS was worth $100

Times have changed

<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/Umbrarian/media/Guns/DIAS/IMG_1529_zpsbqanjup9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/Guns/DIAS/IMG_1529_zpsbqanjup9.jpg</a>
View Quote

They still are.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What they sell for and what they are worth is two entirely different animals, in truth, they are really only worth about $10, they don't take long to make if you know what you are doing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.  Around $100,000 there right now.  Latest ones that I know of sold for $32k and $37k.  That is SOLD price.  More than what I paid for both of mine just a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.  Around $100,000 there right now.  Latest ones that I know of sold for $32k and $37k.  That is SOLD price.  More than what I paid for both of mine just a couple years ago.
View Quote

$69K for two DIAS?  Yikes and I own three real M16's and I don't believe I could get more than about $90K for all three of them!
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend had a VERY large quantity of those manufactured overseas and shipped to the U.S.before the ban. He was licensed and legal with all the required paperwork........he made a literal fortune.(and NOT a small one!)
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A friend had a VERY large quantity of those manufactured overseas and shipped to the U.S.before the ban. He was licensed and legal with all the required paperwork........he made a literal fortune.(and NOT a small one!)
View Quote

They would be dealer samples, not transferable and thus not worth much.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It is SOOOO dumb that those are so expensive and illegal to make now, Freedom would be cool .
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Agreed, keep working to educate everyone you know and maybe someday it will change. In the mean time you have to pay to play so start saving some cash. RLL is still the most affordable option at around $13-15k
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Agreed, keep working to educate everyone you know and maybe someday it will change. In the mean time you have to pay to play so start saving some cash. RLL is still the most affordable option at around $13-15k
View Quote

I think it was 2012 that I bought my link for 5000 and laughed at the second one that was 7800
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:22:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What they sell for and what they are worth is two entirely different animals, in truth, they are really only worth about $10, they don't take long to make if you know what you are doing.
View Quote
It takes a little effort to make one on a manual mill. I had some CNC'd a couple years ago, and it was $110 for both pieces. I'd say that's what the parts are worth now, anyway. Even in 1985, I think they were at least $20.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It takes a little effort to make one on a manual mill. I had some CNC'd a couple years ago, and it was $110 for both pieces. I'd say that's what the parts are worth now, anyway. Even in 1985, I think they were at least $20.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a mill and it would not take me an hour to make one, they are a simple piece of metal and as long as you have the specifications, they are easy to make, I don't care what they cost, I care what they take to make.  They don't take much to make.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#13]
A singularity (defined as an edge of realizable pricing) is nigh on the horizon.

When something crosses from materially affordable to unobtainium, there is a watershed at the crux.

Only the most elite of GD will be able to afford NFA in a few short years, like those shorting tech stocks on an insider tip.

Either the revolution will have occured by that time, or we go over the event horizon into some sort of singularity....
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A singularity (defined as an edge of realizable pricing) is nigh on the horizon.

When something crosses from materially affordable to unobtainium, there is a watershed at the crux.

Only the most elite of GD will be able to afford NFA in a few short years, like those shorting tech stocks on an insider tip.

Either the revolution will have occured by that time, or we go over the event horizon into some sort of singularity....
View Quote

What he said
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top