Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 3/18/2016 7:00:28 AM EDT
I have a colt 16 inch HBAR upper for my m16 and was going to get some ideas on which optic people liked for shots under 100 yards. I had a eo tech 512 but I sent it back for a refund. That type of sight is what I have in mind just not an eo tech. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I run a T1 on my 14.5. Can't go wrong with anything from Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run a T1 on my 14.5. Can't go wrong with anything from Aimpoint.
View Quote

Pretty much this. I use the T2
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the ideas. I am wanting a red dot type sight.

Has anyone ever used the Aimpoint compM4? IS that overkill?

I will need to be able to see my fold down iron sights through the optic. Is that doable with an Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Aimpoint M4 red dot is definitely good to go at the distances you mentioned. Not sure I fully understood the second part of your question, but certainly if you have a flat top there is plenty of room for rear folding sight and the red dot.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#6]
comp M2, M4, M4s are all great The T1, H1 are great too..
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:35:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I know I am in the minority but I personally like the CMORE ATACs for unmagnified M16 red dot sights.  

They have basically no "tube" effect, co-witness out of the box,  and they don't shade the image in a bluish/greenish tint like many other red dots out there.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I just replaced my Eotech with an RMR06 that I took off a FNX45 tac. Bought a Larue mount for it and it is a really nice, light, compact set up. I really like the fact it has an auto brightness setting. Full sun is no problem at all. Surprised not to see more of these.
I set up another upper recently with a Bushnell 1x6.5 ffp. On 1x it works just like a red dot and at 6.5x it is really nice for distance. I put this on my RR with a bipod and it felt like a belt fed shooting clays at 100 yard berm.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a colt 16 inch HBAR upper for my m16 and was going to get some ideas on which optic people liked for shots under 100 yards. I had a eo tech 512 but I sent it back for a refund. That type of sight is what I have in mind just not an eo tech. Thanks
View Quote

Aimpoint or C-More.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I run aimpoints but also own a ACOG and a CQT which I like as well.  You can find the CQT used for a good deal for great glass but it isnt a red dot.  I heard the mark AR scopes dot can be seen during the day time.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top