Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ive shot thousands of rounds through my Trek-T in full auto with no issue. Its actually a very tough suppressor. Its a great suppressor but I went with a lighter shorter suppressor and the Trek-T has been retired to plinking on misc uppers which rarely get shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've a Gemtech TREK-T mounted on a 10.5" heavy profile barrel.  Two drops of blue torque retention compound on the threads.  With about 500 rounds fired, no sign of back off.  That said, as the TREK-T is not meant for extended full auto fire, I do not shoot it that way.  An unsuppressed barrel upper gets that experience.

MHO, YMMV, et cetera.

Ive shot thousands of rounds through my Trek-T in full auto with no issue. Its actually a very tough suppressor. Its a great suppressor but I went with a lighter shorter suppressor and the Trek-T has been retired to plinking on misc uppers which rarely get shot.

Out of curiosity what  can replaced your Trek-T?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've a Gemtech TREK-T mounted on a 10.5" heavy profile barrel.  Two drops of blue torque retention compound on the threads.  With about 500 rounds fired, no sign of back off.  That said, as the TREK-T is not meant for extended full auto fire, I do not shoot it that way.  An unsuppressed barrel upper gets that experience.

MHO, YMMV, et cetera.

Delta P Brevis I believe. His rig is sweet!
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MHO, YMMV, et cetera.

Yep, it's a great suppressor if you can stomach the price.

You can Check the last page of the picture thread for some pics of both suppressors.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep, it's a great suppressor if you can stomach the price.

You can Check the last page of the picture thread for some pics of both suppressors.
View Quote

Holy shit you were not joking about the pricetag at $1500.....and I though the Trek-T was expensive at $900ish.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#5]
The M4-2000 on M16 has has been beat on for a number of years now without having any issues.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ever have issues with it loosening while firing? I constantly have to tighten my screw on pistol cans, so much so that it turned me off from ever buying a screw on centerfire rifle can.
View Quote

Interestingly enough, my Triple-X always stays on tight, unlike many of my other cans. Mine's also from a while ago.  I bought it in 2008, but it was "new-old stock" that had been sitting in someone's inventory for a while.  I posted an X-Ray of it somewhere, and Mike indicated it was one of the older versions of that can.  

If I'm worried and I want some extra insurance, I just use a couple of wraps of teflon tape around the barrel threads before threading the can on.

It's overkill for most of what I do with it - semi-auto .223, and the occasional supersonic .300 Whisper.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top