Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2015 2:31:06 PM EDT
I was always worried that when the trip on my dias needed replacement i'd have to drive out the pin without any idea of how well it's in there.well today i notice the pin turn. So i removed it an inspected it, everything looks fine. When i noticed it turn, it looked just like a trigger or hammer pin without and anti rotation pin installed.When installed in a receiver it's not like the pin can walk out or even move enough to tear out of the thinner side of the sear body.

Should i be concerned or do anything about this? I'm most certainly not going to stake it like i often see in ones for sale.

When installed and timed there is minimial force on the trip..i glue a shim to the lug of each upper it's used on.

Edit... it's a steel body. The holes don't apear to be egged or anything
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
it is working correctly if it rotates
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I would ask a manufacturer, or NFA dealer. I don't know if that pin should rotate or not. -W

ETA: I see that pin exactly as a hammer pin. It could rotate. Some people use anti-rotation pins to prevent rotation and pin hole wear. On a very expensive RDIAS I would think you don't want it to rotate to prevent wear. Unfortunately, I don't have the final answer for you. -W
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input. I always figure it wouldn't be unusual for it to rotate.

When i received mine it didn't move, and wasn't overly lubed.. i alway keep it drenched in CLP and maybe after a year the oil or shooting it as much as i have. the oil has worked it's way in there freeing it up.

I've been very happy with it. The trip seem like it will last a very long time..

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top