Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 8/26/2015 3:03:48 PM EDT
What do you guys figure the current value of a NIB US Property Marked M16A2 is?

$40k maybe?

$50k?

There cannot be more than 10 of them in the registry

apparently all in the 6M serial number range

I'm talking about the retail price.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
View Quote

May I ask why you think there would be only 10 of these in the NFA registry?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

supposedly, M16A2s are pretty rare, maybe 2000 or 2500 are around

but almost none of them are US property marked

US property marked M16A2 are the holy grail of M16s, I've heard rumors that there are few as 10 of them in the registry

even if there was 2 or 3 times as many, probably only a portion would still be NIB

that's the story as I understand it

if there is any other info I'm eager to hear it

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking online, I was able to find a well known NFA dealer who has one in NIB condition listed at $39,995. Autoweapons also used to have one NIB listed around $37K if I remember correctly. I think I remember seeing the weapon priced at $39,995 late last year for sale by the same dealer too, meaning that possibly it has not found a new home in this time frame.

We are def. in collectors territory here so price wise its only a guess, many collectors will pay a premium if they HAVE to have it! But as for value one could guestimate somewhere between $37K and $39,995.

I believe that some collectors might be nervous when dealing in such a late MFG. weapon with US Govt. markings, they wonder the origin of the weapon at hand and ponder if the Govt. may actually want it back one day! Whether these questions are actually logical, I do not know.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Around $40,000 +/-
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looking online, I was able to find a well known NFA dealer who has one in NIB condition listed at $39,995. Autoweapons also used to have one NIB listed around $37K if I remember correctly. I think I remember seeing the weapon priced at $39,995 late last year for sale by the same dealer too, meaning that possibly it has not found a new home in this time frame.

We are def. in collectors territory here so price wise its only a guess, many collectors will pay a premium if they HAVE to have it! But as for value one could guestimate somewhere between $37K and $39,995.

I believe that some collectors might be nervous when dealing in such a late MFG. weapon with US Govt. markings, they wonder the origin of the weapon at hand and ponder if the Govt. may actually want it back one day! Whether these questions are actually logical, I do not know.
View Quote

all the Thompsons made during WWII were purchased either by the Brits or the US government

with the exception of about 100 that were plucked off the line and sent to US police depts. in early 1940.  

a lot of those guns are US property marked

can the US government can ask for all those thompsons back too?

a lot of MGs in the registry were owned and used by the US govt

how about all the garands sold by CMP?  can they be demanded back?

my understanding is that the us property marked A2 colts were an overrun that were never delivered to the gov.

so instead, they were sold to private purchasers, colt employees and so forth

I have seen a lot of A2s on the market recently, apparently somebody liquidated a large collection

those kind of guns sometimes come up for sale in a wad, like a estate sale.   people get all blasé about it.

then they disappear into private collections again for a few more decades.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Ruben was asking $40K NIB
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top