Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 8/14/2015 7:46:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!  What makes?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#2]
you suck! haha JK!

What's the story, are you just bragging or did you just drop $75k +/- on 3x RDIAS?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!!  What makes?
View Quote

Makes money in to noise.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have nothing to add except my astonishment at the fact that those little chunks of metal could be worth so much.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Posties?
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds just like my name
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice!!  What makes?
View Quote

2 Broadhead and 1 Form 1.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
you suck! haha JK!

What's the story, are you just bragging or did you just drop $75k +/- on 3x RDIAS?
View Quote

Just fun and no I did not spend $75K. Did pick one up recently, but the other 2 I have had a while, so got them cheap.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a lot of $$ right there :-)

I wish I could convince myself to sell a large portion of my collection and get one but I'd never use it as I'd be too scared of damaging it.  My AI AE is enough money in one gun for me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wish I could convince myself to sell a large portion of my collection and get one but I'd never use it as I'd be too scared of damaging it.  My AI AE is enough money in one gun for me.
View Quote

FWIW I was worried about damaging my RR and or not using it enough to justify the price, but Since I bought it two years ago I haven't shot another gun in my collection aside from my CCW.

As far as selling your collection I went with the mentality that I would rather have 1 top of the line M16 than a dozen mid grade AR15s. You can only fire one gun at a time and the additional capability and Fun at the range is well worth it. Oh and then the investment value, sure it will cost you say $20k but unlike a well kept firearm which holds its value you can expect a 10% increase yearly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FWIW I was worried about damaging my RR and or not using it enough to justify the price, but Since I bought it two years ago I haven't shot another gun in my collection aside from my CCW.

As far as selling your collection I went with the mentality that I would rather have 1 top of the line M16 than a dozen mid grade AR15s. You can only fire one gun at a time and the additional capability and Fun at the range is well worth it. Oh and then the investment value, sure it will cost you say $20k but unlike a well kept firearm which holds its value you can expect a 10% increase yearly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Once you own FA firearms everything else becomes a bit boring to shoot. They are WELL worth the entry price. Renegade, is the form-1 sear the one with the narrower wall thickness on its right side?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agreed. Once you own FA firearms everything else becomes a bit boring to shoot. They are WELL worth the entry price. Renegade, is the form-1 sear the one with the narrower wall thickness on its right side?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Form 1 is middle one.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Form 1 is middle one.
View Quote

Very cool. Not many people can say they made their own transferable MG.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#14]
For some strange reason, I feel compelled to buy some more RDIASes.

MG shooting is so much fun.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:16:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For some strange reason, I feel compelled to buy some more RDIASes.

MG shooting is so much fun.

View Quote

Yeah, this thread makes me want to buy a RDIAS.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Just do it, life is short and machine guns build character

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/gunz213/IMG_3138.jpg
View Quote

They also turn money intro noise...lots of noise
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]
MGs turn ammo into smoke and smiles.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/gunz213/IMG_3138.jpg
View Quote

I have a Colt M16, AR15 model 614, DLO HK frame, and Fleming H sear. Would love a DIAS, but the recent H sear purchase means that is not likely to happen any time soon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#20]
It's become super difficult to find an RDIAS for sale, especially a steel RDIAS. I haven't been able to buy one in over a year.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#21]
... and 4 would be the shiz-nit!
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's become super difficult to find an RDIAS for sale, especially a steel RDIAS. I haven't been able to buy one in over a year.

View Quote

Frank had a steel DIAS about 2-3 months ago. And I believe Ruben also had one recently.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Frank had a steel DIAS about 2-3 months ago. And I believe Ruben also had one recently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now much did they go for?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

One listed on sturm, but I'm fairly certain you might have already seen it...you're fairly active searching stuff out.  Price seems reasonable...no idea if its steel or not though.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=174108
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:06:20 AM EDT
[#25]
So much win dude.  Congrats!  I thought I was a baller with two!  I don't even want to hear what you paid for them!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So much win dude.  Congrats!  I thought I was a baller with two!  I don't even want to hear what you paid for them!!!!!
View Quote

Ruben has 3 HK sears for sale right now. Should I do another picture next month?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ruben has 3 HK sears for sale right now. Should I do another picture next month?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy them! I wonder what kind of wiggle room he would give if you bought all three....buy them and let us know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's only 2 left now
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#29]
These things could be worthless with the stroke of a pen or an opinion letter.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There's only 2 left now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's only 2 left now

I only need 1 to have 3.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Debbie Downer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, and I could also grow wings and start flying for fun.  

Ain't gonna happen.  We are too busy just trying to keep 30 round magazines from being banned.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I only need 1 to have 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's only 2 left now

I only need 1 to have 3.

Nice, I did as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I doubt they will ever happen. Machine guns will continue to increase in price and you will wish you would have bought one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$28k???  For one not even in a pack?

Shit...I paid $21k for mine less than a year ago.  Should have bought the S&H the guy had for $19k too
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Shit...I paid $21k for mine less than a year ago.  Should have bought the S&H the guy had for $19k too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well yea, we can all wish. I paid 14 and 17 for my first two.  Either way, they'll just keep going up and up and up. Could have bought a DLO box for 17k like two years ago and didn't. Oh well. Now, if there's a machine gun for sale, and I want it, I just buy it. No regrets that way haha.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well yea, we can all wish. I paid 14 and 17 for my first two.  Either way, they'll just keep going up and up and up. Could have bought a DLO box for 17k like two years ago and didn't. Oh well. Now, if there's a machine gun for sale, and I want it, I just buy it. No regrets that way haha.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like your thinking, congrats on the third!
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Nice collegeboy! I also like your philosophy. I was fortunate to pick up a Fleming sear in a pack with Dyer re-timed hammer for $21k about a month ago.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#39]
I just bought two DLO boxes for a very fair price last week. Factory internals all the way.

Now onto the search for hosts.

I really wish I could have bid on that HK94 that went for $3000 on GB. I got busy at work and forgot to bid. When I heard it went for $3000, I became sick.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:32:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just bought two DLO boxes for a very fair price last week. Factory internals all the way.

I really wish I could have bid on that HK94 that went for $3000 on GB. I got busy at work and forgot to bid. When I heard it went for $3000, I became sick.

View Quote

Shit, I didn't even know about it and I'm sick!  That's really cheap for a real HK.  Damnit
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:51:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very nice dude!

Hosts? Yea, I'm into the all German stuff :) (minus the MM23E)

Enjoy your boxes!!!!! And good luck with the host hunt.

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Nice collection of AWB magazines.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 4:47:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think I've ever seen a .308 AWB era mag before.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard that from everyone that has seen it.  I feel really lucky I got them. I was looking for AWB HK53 mags on gunbroker for months, and found a pair of these instead one day.  I offered the guy $80 for the pair, and he took it.  $40/mag isn't bad for steel mags from the AWB era I figure.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Very nice dude!

Enjoy your boxes!!!!! And good luck with the host

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice dude!

Enjoy your boxes!!!!! And good luck with the host

Hope you don't have any of these http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/foghorn/atf-may-soon-reclassify-some-machine-guns-as-post-sample-and-non-transferrable/
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah, www.thetruthaboutguns.com is my goto source for truth about guns

ROFL
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ROFL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ROFL

They didnt provide a letter or any source for their claims. hmm
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because a few guys own them all!   Seems more than a few people that have an RDIAS have multiples.  

Still have no idea why Sandy Hook and the talk of magazine bans got the MG price wagon rolling again, maybe people cashed out their AR15s and bought MGs.   That is what I should have done instead of paying off my school loans with the proceeds.

Anyway, don't be too sure this stuff won't be made worthless one way or the other.  Look at the confederate flag, public opinion sure flipped on a dime.   The same thing will happen to EBRs too one day.  Hopefully after I have left this earth, but it will happen eventually or we will end up in Mad Max times in which case nobody will care about your Form 4.

Its all about having a diversified portfolio, if machine guns are 80% of your net worth, you might want to diversify.   Magazine bans are the biggest risk to the value of our MGs.   People who buy and sell AR15s will be able to keep their magazines under the table for the SHTF scenario.    But if you do an MG transfer, the law will be all over your ass trying to sniff them out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROFL

If what they are saying is true, that's ridiculous.  They just keep changing the rules over and over.....
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top