Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 11:51:48 AM EDT
My RR should be transferring in the next few months.  After much reading I feel that the extra cost for the Colt FCG parts make sense (from Specialized Armament) .  

The internet seems to be divided about the quality/manufacture or the smaller parts.  Should I purchase Colt for the other parts as well or can I throw in a generic springs, detents, plungers, etc... and purchase my preferred (i.e. jewelry) selector, trigger guard, takedown pins and bolt catch?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt and never look back
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownells stocks all the parts pretty much, I did have to get an ambi selector (which actually is cool), you just have to pick the parts individually.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brownells stocks all the parts pretty much, I did have to get an ambi selector (which actually is cool), you just have to pick the parts individually.
View Quote

I believe most of the parts Brownell's stocks are DPMS pieces.

If I were in your shoes OP I would go Colt or Gisselle.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have some other brands like DPMS it is true, but have Colt as well.  I assembled an all Colt FCG from them, the only variance being they only offered the ambi full auto safety.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
There some guys in the retro section who may have spare m16 fcg parts from parts kits you might pick one up cheap. Some kits where unused.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They have some other brands like DPMS it is true, but have Colt as well.  I assembled an all Colt FCG from them, the only variance being they only offered the ambi full auto safety.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't aware of that. Seems any time I've noticed a brand mentioned it was. DPMS or aftermarket.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
My M16 is a mix of different parts

Geissele SSF trigger group
Colt Sear
Colt Selector
V7 Titanium BCG
V7 Titanium Pins
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Colt Sear
Colt Selector
V7 Titanium BCG
V7 Titanium Pins
View Quote

What do you think of those pins?  They look fun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colt Sear
Colt Selector
V7 Titanium BCG
V7 Titanium Pins

Im in the process of rebuilding my m16 with all light weight parts now so I have not had a chance to shoot with them but then seem of high quality, actually everything from v7 seems pretty excellent, it better be for the price
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Since I've seen and talked to Ken Elmore for more than a decade @ local area gun shows, when it was time to up grade the A1 I went with Specialized Armament.  Ken let me bring the rifle in to his new shop location and watch while he installed all the new Colt FCG parts.  I also played indoor "fetch the ball" with his insistent (and very cool) shop dog. (he fetched, I threw).  Ken & Colt... you can't go wrong.

The BIG One.  If you only go to 1 gun show in a year... this is the one to attend. 3 days and one huge building (among 5 others + tents) dedicated to Title II!
I forgot to mention 72º sunny weather in DECEMBER!!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Geissele is running a 15% off sale 7/3/15 to 7/5/15; you can pick up an SSF there for $297.50

http://geissele.com/super-select-fire-ssfr-trigger.html

SSF Review at Tactical Life
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
My Colt M16 is all original parts. I later changed out the stock to MagPul UBR, changed the handguards to Omega quad rail, changed the flash hider to an AAC Blackout 51T, and the trigger group to Geissele SSF. The UBR makes the weapon much more comfortable to shoot on semi and full auto. The Geissele trigger group is just a much, much better trigger. I've also changed out my AR15 triggers with Geissele, it's a much needed improvement.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Does this look like the complete and correct parts list for the FCG?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#14]
No the hammer spring is not the 3 shot burst spring listed. Looks like the hammer may be incorrect also. Looks like you got a mix of full auto and three shot burst parts. Selector, disconnector and some others look ok.
Heres a link to the full auto A1 parts schematic just click the number at the part. http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Colt-/M16-M4-Lower-Receiver-Fire-Control-Full-Auto-sid853.aspx
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No the hammer spring is not the 3 shot burst spring listed. Looks like the hammer may be incorrect also. Looks like you got a mix of full auto and three shot burst parts. Selector, disconnector and some others look ok.
Heres a link to the full auto A1 parts schematic just click the number at the part. http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Colt-/M16-M4-Lower-Receiver-Fire-Control-Full-Auto-sid853.aspx
View Quote

I did as you said and it gave me the same parts.

Hammer
Hammer Spring

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Same parts. I went on the description that came up on your list which does not match the parts.

From your link 160-000-372WB
                      Hammer, Full Auto, A1
                       Mfr Part: SP62317
But your the list shows it as an A2.

From your link 160-305-103WB
                      Hammer Spring
                      Mfr Part: SP61697
But your list show is as a three shot burst.

Cart is listing the page description not the item description.
Was just trying to help. you asked. "Does this look like the complete and correct parts list for the FCG?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Same parts. I went on the description that came up on your list which does not match the parts.

*snip*

Cart is listing the page description not the item description.
Was just trying to help. you asked. "Does this look like the complete and correct parts list for the FCG?
View Quote

My apologies - I hope my post didn't come off as rude.  I meant the ""  to reflect the goofy mismatch between pictures, part #s and descriptions.  I appreciate your help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Does this look like the complete and correct parts list for the FCG?
View Quote

So - good to go?
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top