Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 5/24/2015 3:26:21 PM EDT
who make a good one? I have a extra upper wo a bcg I might as well make it a 22lr.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The Lower makes no differance
CMMG SS bolt
22LR dedicated barrel
Redi-mag adaptor and use S&W M&P 15-22 mags
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Lower makes no differance
CMMG SS bolt
22LR dedicated barrel
Redi-mag adaptor and use S&W M&P 15-22 mags
View Quote

The lower has a auto sear. Make lots of difference.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That makes more sense
I live in different world where those are not allowed
Sorry
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Same above, just add the cmmg autosear trip, I've got an RLL so nothing works for me unfortunately, but the stainless cmmg kits I've had the best luck with in semiauto, and the forward assist comes in handy. I'd just get the drop in kit and skip the dedicated barrel, I've not noticed a whole lot of different between my dedicated barrel and the drop in shooting bulk pack ammo. S&w mags rule. For 22 full auto I've got a lage kit for my m11/9 and get good results from Remington golden bullet, and anything cci of course.

https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/auto-sear-trip-kit-22arc/
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Amy concern with .22 uppers about them egging holes, like 9mm?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Amy concern with .22 uppers about them egging holes, like 9mm?
View Quote

Not at all, they can barely reset the hammer.

It's not just a sear trip, you'll need an anti bounce weight as well.  The CMMG kits work great.  The red mag sw adapter is a must, as suggested above.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's not just a sear trip, you'll need an anti bounce weight as well.  The CMMG kits work great.  The red mag sw adapter is a must, as suggested above.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any concern with .22 uppers about them egging holes, like 9mm?

Some users have found that they have to install a light hammer spring for reliable .22 operation - I'm guessing that it may be ammo dependent.  Similarly, some users have found the anti-bounce weight unnecessary; that said, I don't know if CMMG sells the trip and weight separately.

Best of luck with your project, and with finding low cost .22 ammo.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top