Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 3/23/2015 4:58:30 PM EDT

This rifle started life as a M16A1.  It was in very good condition and I never shot it in the A1 configuration.  The upper was put away in the safe to be kept as pristine as is was when I received it.  A lot of pictures hope you all enjoy.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks awesome! Will you be painting the lower RR to match?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Use the right paint on that lower and you can strip it back off when the time comes
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good. Man you got a nice original upper still great job.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the comments, I don't believe I'm going to pain the lower I painted a few things and stripped them with success but can't bring myself to paint the pony.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
What's up with that airsoft sticker?
Is that laser airsoft, too?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

tactical sticker. enhances speed while minimizing drag.

at least he didn't paint the lower.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hahaha I can't help but laugh at the fake military stickers either (no offense at OP, your
MG still looks awesome).

But I dare you to say that over in the MK18 thread most of those guys there take making clones look legit VERY SERIOUSLY!
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/641240_Official_Mk_18_and_CQBR_Photo_and_Discussion_Thread.html&page=530
I've pissed more than a couple people off there with similar comments
A whole lot of talk from grown men who put fake stickers on and add fake sear pins to a semi auto rifle.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... and add fake sear pins ....
View Quote

never heard of that one: seriously?
op, your rifle is titts
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

op, your rifle is titts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

op, your rifle is titts
Thanks for the tits Folly Spartikis is spot on the clone thread being pretty die hard, right down to 80% lowers with fake sear pins. Yes I intentionally cloned a CQBR with the M16.  Being a detail oriented, challenge tackling, type person the making of this rifle was a fun and gave a lot of satisfaction finding parts that are not readily available to most and all hard to find for anyone For instance The Surefire FH is a Mil only item, a unicorn, the VCAS AOR sling is not availible, and was only available as a mil overrun one time deal, origional Colt curved forward assist etc.....things like this that don't mean anything to most but gave me something to keep occupied with while waiting for the stamp.  I'm sure not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy obtaining crap like this that is rare and others are not going to have.  Admittedly the clone bug sucked me in but no harm done. Yes the ATIPAL is real and used with real NV Toting around an origional M16A1 in the dark rigged to kill hogs with IR laser and NV is just not a reality so I figured what would be cooler than cloning what our SF uses to  stalk around in the dark and kill people As far as the sticker, it is a CAGE code made by mil guy over on the clone thread not and airsoft type Thanks for all the comments and interest

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the tits Folly Spartikis is spot on the clone thread being pretty die hard, right down to 80% lowers with fake sear pins. Yes I intentionally cloned a CQBR with the M16.  Being a detail oriented, challenge tackling, type person the making of this rifle was a fun and gave a lot of satisfaction finding parts that are not readily available to most and all hard to find for anyone For instance The Surefire FH is a Mil only item, a unicorn, the VCAS AOR sling is not availible, and was only available as a mil overrun one time deal, origional Colt curved forward assist etc.....things like this that don't mean anything to most but gave me something to keep occupied with while waiting for the stamp.  I'm sure not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy obtaining crap like this that is rare and others are not going to have.  Admittedly the clone bug sucked me in but no harm done. Yes the ATIPAL is real and used with real NV Toting around an origional M16A1 in the dark rigged to kill hogs with IR laser and NV is just not a reality so I figured what would be cooler than cloning what our SF uses to  stalk around in the dark and kill people As far as the sticker, it is a CAGE code made by mil guy over on the clone thread not and airsoft type Thanks for all the comments and interest      
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

op, your rifle is titts

Yeah it's a blast. No different than building a retro gun, just much harder.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]
some of the people in that thread

MK18 closes are srs business...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes MK18 closes are.............closes?

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7459/16503203776_a5bf152767_b.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

op, your rifle is titts

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7459/16503203776_a5bf152767_b.jpg
Nice pic EC....

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

fucking ipad
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Very nice...congrats to you, but just the thought of those big metal HK sling hooks bashing up against that transferable lower makes me cringe!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Very nice...congrats to you, but just the thought of those big metal HK sling hooks bashing up against that transferable lower makes me cringe!!!!
View Quote
Yes, when the rifle is slung it's no problem, sling comes off when not, that metal to metal sound is not music I want to hear......

ETA spelling
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Go to Blue Force and get some FDE Elastic Hook Covers to slide over the hooks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Put it back in the original configuration
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
I wasn't alive during Vietnam, so I find no nostalgia in its origional configuration. As I said above I use it as a night hunting tool.  The LAM and IR light aren't just for looks, YMMV

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

This is blasphemy. But you kept the upper. This sin can be forgiven once you return it to it's original condition like the gods intended.

Painting the a1 lower will be sacreligious, and offenders should be hung, shot, then set on fire.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This.

This is blasphemy. But you kept the upper. This sin can be forgiven once you return it to it's original condition like the gods intended.

Painting the a1 lower will be sacreligious, and offenders should be hung, shot, then set on fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Lol..... No worries it will not be painted. Yes I kept the origional parts and it will be easy to reconfigure back to stock.  However, as I said above it is a tool I use and is more or less useless to me in the A1 configuration

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad you like your gun, but I prefer it in A1 configuration.  Nothing beats that if it's a real Colt :)  Have fun!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:03:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't listen to the nay sayers, it's called evolution, M16a1 to Mk18...  It's like fuel injection, I'm down the track while the 'ol timers are still trying to jet they're carbs!

And paint the damn thing to match!

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#25]
CQBR FTW!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top