Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2015 9:51:53 PM EDT
Greetings, Does anyone know of a company that makes M16 full auto drop in triggers?

Anyway I am aware of the Hogan Gold standard m16 drop in trigger.
http://www.hoganguns.com/parts/223lowerparts.html

i contacted them by phone 6-8 months ago when their website was down and they said they didn't have any but would when website was up.
I just noticed there site was working. so i bought it and then they emailed me that they don't have them and aren't making them anymore.

I have a RDIAS and i just wanted swaps to be easier on the range. I didn't want to go with the MGI modular lower receiver due to the receiver being $99 and each magwell being $275.
Just swapping uppers isn't always an option when using my RDIAS
I really need to figure out something, without the 9mm conversion pinned in a lower it just won't reliably function. So i would like to be able to swap the trigger without the hassle of dealing with the springs. i know i will still have to loosen the pistol grip to swap the selector.

I have 1 receiver that the 9mm functions ok in but when removing the magwell adapter to change back require so much beating and hammering that i will either break the reciever or adapter.My prefered method is to insert a mag then bash it on the bench as hard as a can 25-30 times.
Not that i really care what anyone thinks but even i know handleing expensive parts in that manner is a douche thing to do. It's pretty much brought tears to everyone who has seen me do it eyes

*Edit* i see hogan has updated their website removing the photo so here is is agin.
[ IMG ]http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/MGnoob/media/hogan-fullautotrigger1_zpsfae4cc70.jpg[ / IMG ]

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/MGnoob/media/hogan-fullautotrigger1_zpsfae4cc70.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:41:51 AM EDT
[#2]
This actually didn't answer my question at all.
Geissele SSF isn't drop in, and while it may be better than my current m-16 FCG i am unsure if 2lb lighter trigger pull is worth the $200 less i paid for my standard FCG
The Reference to hogan Drop-in went un-answered and they don't make them anymore.

THX anyway, anyone else chime in?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geissele SSF isn't drop in, and while it may be better than my current m-16 FCG i am unsure if 2lb lighter trigger pull is worth the $200 less i paid for my standard FCG
The Reference to hogan Drop-in went un-answered and they don't make them anymore.

THX anyway, anyone else chime in?
View Quote

Full auto operation (at least in traditional, three- or four- position selector mode) requires more than a drop-in trigger group, since the selector is not part of a drop-in trigger assembly.  Can you plainly state what it is you want to know, so we don't have to guess?
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:01:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Just like in my Original post "Does anyone know of a company that makes M16 full auto drop in triggers?"
I guess to be more specific i am looking for a 3 way safe/semi/auto

my original post also contained that I am fully aware that even with a drop in trigger i would still need my RDIAS, I would also still need to loosen the pistol grip to re-leave spring tension on the selector detent so i can swap the selector.
It must have lost this line in my cut and paste. i am new to forums and i had posted it in the wrong section.

*EDIT*
I figured since i linked the hogan trigger, it would also be obvious what i am looking for.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, since you invited folks to chime in, tony_k did answer your question.  "Drop in," when used in trigger discussions, normally means no fitting or gunsmithing of parts is required.  You want a modular trigger group, or some other term used to describe the unusual configuration in the AR world where the trigger groups swaps out as a complete unit by just pulling the pins and not dealing with loose springs.

tony_k has provided a wealth of support and information to the MG community and there are many who might interpret your response as less than respectful, especially given that your self-described "noob" status has you using what appears to be the wrong term in your question to get the answer you want.  tony_k's contributions to this community are significant and the community for sure wants to see him receive the respect he has afforded to us over the years.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I provided a link to exactly what i was talking about...It is called a drop in..
As far as being less than respectful, it's just they way it seems when typed not spoken, or atleast it wasn't meant to be rude.

that said i don't see how someone could think i was looking for anything other than a safe/semi/auto "drop in" or modular if you prefer, trigger.

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I stand corrected, nowhere does it say "drop in" i must have made that up...
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I was hoping now that i know what i am looking for a google search would find what i am looking for;but, all i keep coming up with are hogan triggers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 3:24:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Good Luck getting any help now since you Dissed Tony_K  & GPSIG! You rally need to watch your tone. Get a Mac10 to shoot pistol caliber. Real Men don't shoot 9mm in their M16's!
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Being rude and trying to get free information usually doesn't work.
You're welcome to leave.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I am not aware of any "drop in" triggers on the market for select fire m16. There could be some but they are not popular. The geissele SSF is pretty much the go to two stage trigger for m16, it really is top of the line. Its not as easy to swap as a trigger pack or drop in trigger as you are calling it but with a little practice and the right tools, ie a brass hammer and punch you can remove the trigger in only a couple minutes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Spartikis, Thanks for the reply. it's not that bad to swap it. Just with all the snow dropping anything can ruin your day
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Being rude and trying to get free information usually doesn't work.
You're welcome to leave.
View Quote

This is more rude than anything i have said, and in the TOS doesn't it say to take it easy on ignorant noobs??
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
This is more rude than anything i have said, and in the TOS doesn't it say to take it easy on ignorant noobs??
View Quote

Let me chop it up for ya Dude. Taking it easy on noobs means not lambasting them for asking stupid questions or giving stupid answers not giving someone a pass for being snippy and somewhat condescending.

Now that you know the rules. I will say I still consider myself as being a newbie so take my advise for what it's worth. Since Hogan stopped making the drop in trigger I would say that there was not enough of a market so you can do a few things, keep doing what you are doing, get another receiver for 9mm and keep swapping out your crappie mil-spec trigger or get you a good geissele  or take a Hogan semi auto and convert it to full auto by changing our the (disconnect) or pay someone to do it for you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Why not just get a Hahn bottom load 9mm mag conversion insert and leave all your fire control parts alone?  I do this with my RR, and it takes maybe 30 seconds to go from 9mm to .223.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks tommygun, That's at-least constructive criticism.
i would think my misuse of terminology would fall in that category, i do think others perceiving it as "snippy" is being blown out of proportion
Also thanks for laying out all the trigger related options that pertain to what i am trying to achieve.

i've got to say whatever my current m16 trigger trigger is i wouldn't call it crappy, if feels better than every other ar15 trigger i own.Although that could complete be in my head do to the "Pew Pew Pew"

Taskshooter, what i have looks just like "Hahn bottom load 9mm mag conversion insert" i watch on youtube.Except mine doesn't have an allen screw to tighten against the receivers magwell.
. I am going to inspect mine further when i get a chance. When inserted into several of the colt green label receivers it's just so sloppy without something to hold it there.
The 9mm magwell adapter i have i receiver in a 9mm rifle with some off brand receiver and it fits in so tight.
I figured with the modular trgger i could just use it in the one it fits in.. or i would drill and pinn it into a different receiver and the FCG swap would still have to happen

tony_k,  I tried to PM you the other day, i don't know if i failed to send the message or it just went un-answered. Either way sorry. I am still having technical issue with this particular forum layout.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I just wanted to copy this over from the other trigger thread.I'm going to use these once i decide what i am going to do about the trigger situation.
I'm also going to inspect that 9mm magwell adapter, and if doesn't have a setscrew to hold it in place or something else, rather than pin it in a receiver perhaps I should drill and tap or use one of those threaded rivet inserts to make it so it can be tightened in.

Quoted:
Quoted:

When doing the DIAS swap i hate the little screws for the KNS pins.
View Quote

If you hate the screws but want the anti-rotation features get their "Quick Change NRTHP"
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-parts-and-accessories/trigger-hammer-pins/ar15-m16-quick-change-nrthp.html
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/q/c/qcnrthpfull2.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:30:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I too would LOVE to be able to buy a modular "safe-semi-auto" modular trigger group for M16 rifles.

The expected nicer-than-stock trigger would be great, but the main reason would be to take practically all of the impact and abrasion stresses off of the lower receiver's pin holes. The walls of the trigger module would help absorb much of the beating that the hammer and trigger pins transmit to the thin aluminum receiver walls. The "ideal" trigger module would have bushings for its hammer and trigger, which would pass through the module's aluminum housing.  These bushings would have a non-rotating spring lock assembly to capture the original AR fire control pins. This would eliminate any rotation of the fire control pins, which is a potential cause of receiver wear. The original pins would simply hold the trigger module in place, imparting no stress to the lower receiver at all. With a modular trigger assembly, you would get:

1) a nicer trigger pull
2) a self-contained, easy to install trigger group
3) elimination of wear and tear on your expensive lower receiver
4) a clean, stock looking rifle, without the "Frankenstein" appearance of external, protruding "anti-rotation" fasteners
5) possibly a more powerful hammer spring, to detonate those pesky Eastern-Block military primers

Now if only someone would make one, WITHOUT ANY MIM, for a price less than $500, I'd be in...
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:37:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i would think my misuse of terminology would fall in that category, i do think others perceiving it as "snippy" is being blown out of proportion
Also thanks for laying out all the trigger related options that pertain to what i am trying to achieve.

i've got to say whatever my current m16 trigger trigger is i wouldn't call it crappy, if feels better than every other ar15 trigger i own.Although that could complete be in my head do to the "Pew Pew Pew"

Taskshooter, what i have looks just like "Hahn bottom load 9mm mag conversion insert" i watch on youtube.Except mine doesn't have an allen screw to tighten against the receivers magwell.
. I am going to inspect mine further when i get a chance. When inserted into several of the colt green label receivers it's just so sloppy without something to hold it there.
The 9mm magwell adapter i have i receiver in a 9mm rifle with some off brand receiver and it fits in so tight.
I figured with the modular trgger i could just use it in the one it fits in.. or i would drill and pinn it into a different receiver and the FCG swap would still have to happen

tony_k,  I tried to PM you the other day, i don't know if i failed to send the message or it just went un-answered. Either way sorry. I am still having technical issue with this particular forum layout.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

current m16 trigger trigger is i wouldn't call it crappy,

The other thing you need to usnderstand is sometime we are just jiving you!

Hell last night I was trying to instal a crappy Mil-Spec trigger in a 308 Lower I am building and I couldn't get it to fit I keep tring to push it down to get the pin hole to line up be no luck and I though I am gonna throw this peice of crap away and get a Geissele then  I took a good look and noticed I had the damn receiver turned around backwards
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]
It's so funny i missed your post. It would take an incredible amount of effort.i would be doing it right now if i had several spare sets of parts to work with.

I worry about legalities of it as-well, which is a contributing factor to the price of the Geissele. i definitely wouldn't extend the body to where the sear goes. that way no hole can be drilled for a sear to go.  i don't want to be involved with a 90% M16 Drop in even with a hole waiting to be drilled.
If it was for the legalities i'd make it so i could attach my DIAS right to it. Mine has a small hole tapped in the back of the body.

I've decided to get the Geissele, I was going to buy it directly from them but i wanted to find a deal ...no one has is for less than $320 and i bet they nail you on shipping..i'd rather get it from them at that point.

i'm alittle skeptical of the Geissele... i don't remember what i bought originally, i tried to buy one everywhere and even with my form 4 they either wouldn't sell em to me or didn't have any.
I must have been calling the wrong places because out of nowhere i got mine somewhere and i don't think they asked me for anything other than my CC number
I think it was like $125-$150. I love it, mind you i am clueless. it's all the same to me. but this $1?? Trigger seems substantially better than the $25 trigger all my rifles have.

I would also take into account i haven't shot that much full auto, but i have used it in semi for maybe 8k .It was the best experience i've ever had.
i just guess i'll have to wait and see.

I won't really want the the old fcg, so trying to build my own drop in triggers a surefire way to destroy them.I would never sell m16 parts to anyone other than an ffl.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Looking at this photo you'd have to open it up and remove material on the inside near the trigger pin hole so you wouldn't have to remove so much from the sides of a stock trigger.
or have to make your own trigger and disconnectors, at which point you'd be off building a body.SS sheet metal .125-.150 might leave more room for slightly modified m16 internals.
hand making the body would remove the need for me to pay my usual project shop or call in favors for me to use machines.
I could bang out one easy, i would just transfer the hole location from my existing testing jig to a steel form.
[ IMG ]http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/MGnoob/media/TIM102-6T_zpsdebead66.jpg[ / IMG ]

and in-case that doesn't work
http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/MGnoob/media/TIM102-6T_zpsdebead66.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd like to pick up something like this as well. I've considered a pistol cal for a RR I should be able to pick up soon. I've been told blow back uppers can cause damage to the lower. I was thinking a drop in like what MGnoob is referring to might distribute some of the energy and avoid damage.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I figured there had to be some people interested in this. I wish i could get hogan to make 10 for a group buy.
Since there is some interest in this i'll post some more photo ideas i had on this.
Does anyone think i should contact hogan to see if they'd be willing to do a small run??They didn't seem very interested in making any, but maybe if i order 10 or 20 they'd consider it.

here is a photo of a sheet metal DIT (drop in trigger).
i haven't ordered my geissele trigger yet and am alittle disappointed i missed a group buy opportunity on another forum.
If i had a spare full FCG(minus GI sear) i would already be modifying them into something.. i just can't justify buying a semi DIT to modify the body when it is likely you'd end up having to make custom trigger/dissconector.

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/MGnoob/media/CMC91501FDE_1_zpsdd3469a9.jpg.html?o=2

I also was looking at drawings of m16 hammers/triggers aswell as the size of the FCG pocket in the receiver. too decide what thickness material would be best.
there would only be slight modification to the hammer/trigger and ideally would use stock dissconector.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:49:11 AM EDT
[#26]
It can't hurt to ask but I bet I know the answer. If they will do it, I'll definitely take one.  Also as a long time AR15.com member I'd like to apologize for a few of the "tightly wound" members. I had an issue with that when I first got on here too. I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. There is a lot of great information to be learned here. I've learned so much about several different weapons since I've been here. You just need to be thick skinned and pay no mind to some comments. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in it. Just think of having to explain the argument over the internet to you wife, girlfriend, mom, dad, what ever. You'll quickly see how silly it can be.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/MGnoob/media/CMC91501FDE_1_zpsdd3469a9.jpg.html?o=2
View Quote

You should really go read the FAQs and learn how to post pics.  For your particular host site, just click on the "IMG" link, then paste that into your reply, like this:

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Just wanted to mention I'll be receiving a geissele SSF, and an MGI lower 5.56 and 9mm  magwells.I might get other magwells but want to try  it first.
Should all be here today. I Hope I like the SSF and really hope the MGI setup isn't sloppy.

I still wish I could have gotten a hogan drop in trigger.But this setup in theory should do what I wanted.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top