Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 11:41:08 PM EDT
I own a single MG.  A sendra conversion by H&B enterprises.  I bought it in 2004 and I browse SubGuns occasionally just to see what it's 'worth'.

For the first time, in a decade, I see none listed.

Anomaly?  Or did I miss a memo on Sendras?

TRG
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a couple for sale over the last few months, prob just random that you cant find any atm.They're worth around $15-18k depending on condition and the seller.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TRG, the market for transferables has changed dramatically since 2004. RRs move very quickly these days ... and a larger percentage are being sold between friends, or by dealers to their regular customers or to folks on waiting lists. Thus, the number of ads definitely is down.

Aren't you glad you bought when you did? It doesn't seem as expensive now, I bet.
View Quote

Some of you guys, and you know who among y'all, really do go above and beyond in this forum.

I damn sure wouldn't have the M16 without y'all's advice and guidance.

TRG
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Right before I bought my m16 spiwak had one for 14.5k
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Sendra converted by RIA, and I'm not selling.

Those of us who bought MG's back before the 1986 cutoff date (when the market was "normal') are now sitting on huge potential capital gains. If we sell now, we get hit with a huge income tax bill. If we hang onto the items until we die, they go into our estates at a "stepped-up basis" -- the fair market value at date of death. Our heirs can then sell them with no recognized gain.

This is one reason why you're not seeing much turnover of items that people have held a long time. Most MG owners are not desperate enough for money that they have to sell.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
There's one on subguns right now for $16.5k.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Those of us who bought MG's back before the 1986 cutoff date (when the market was "normal') are now sitting on huge potential capital gains. If we sell now, we get hit with a huge income tax bill. If we hang onto the items until we die, they go into our estates at a "stepped-up basis" -- the fair market value at date of death. Our heirs can then sell them with no recognized gain.

This is one reason why you're not seeing much turnover of items that people have held a long time. Most MG owners are not desperate enough for money that they have to sell.
View Quote

I really have my doubts about your theory.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#8]
One just went in my safe at the end of last year. I bought it from a buddy for $15k.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I like conspiracy theory including yours.    

Quoted:

TRG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one that should clear transfer this month. I paid 16. It's my third and probably last MG since I've got a baby on the way.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes reporting the income from capital gains on a gun bought 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 6:43:13 AM EDT
[#12]
The form4 on my Sendra/BFI was approved last fall. I purchased it July 4 2013
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a Sendra RR (complete rifle) for $5.5K in 2006.  Getting sort of tempting to sell the thing now.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I bought a Sendra RR (complete rifle) for $5.5K in 2006.  Getting sort of tempting to sell the thing now.  
View Quote

That's a damn good price for 2006.

I paid 40% more in 2004 for mine.

TRG
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRG

I was in the right place at the right time.  It was a guy getting divorced and needed to move it "today".  He needed cash for whatever and needed it right now so I got a deal.  And then I got subpoenaed to his divorce proceedings to testify what I paid for it.  I think his ex was unhappy with what he sold it for, but he sold it for more than he paid for it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#16]
you should....to me...  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:04:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I take it that if one wants a 'shooter' MG (i.e. not an all original colt M16, no collector value beyond the paperwork) that you are only buying for the hole in the lower, these are the ones to go for?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I take it that if one wants a 'shooter' MG (i.e. not an all original colt M16, no collector value beyond the paperwork) that you are only buying for the hole in the lower, these are the ones to go for?
View Quote

If youre looking for something just to shoot i would recommend a non-colt RR, they little or no collectors value and run $5-15k less than a Colt. There are a few options out there, Sendra being one of them but also Olympic Arms, EA and a few others.

if youre on a tight budget and want the cheapest M16 possible you can go with a RLL. I personally think theyre a hassle and prefer the plug and play of a RR but others love them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I own a single MG.  A sendra conversion by H&B enterprises.  I bought it in 2004 and I browse SubGuns occasionally just to see what it's 'worth'.

For the first time, in a decade, I see none listed.

Anomaly?  Or did I miss a memo on Sendras?

TRG
View Quote

Funny you asked this; I am in the exact same position (except I got mine in '05, I think) and mine was converted by Bushmaster, but I looked once a year or so for ads and for the last 2 years haven't seen any Sendras.

Thanks Tony for the info!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

When you sell, get multiple payments each less than $10k.  Cash,  yo.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who needs a structuring charge headache?

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.. Jesus people need to quit trying to structure. It's stupid. Quit even thinking it or mentioning it.

Ruining your life to avoid $1500 in long term capital gains?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 3:29:11 AM EDT
[#23]
lying about what you are doing when the feds already know the answer is the #1 leading cause of going to prison, ask Martha Stewart...
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
lying about what you are doing when the feds already know the answer is the #1 leading cause of going to prison, ask Martha Stewart...
View Quote

the feds know how much you paid for a gun in 1986?
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'the feds' can tell a waitress how much she received in tips last year.

They don't need to see it, to prove it.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Sad but very true...

'the feds' can tell a waitress how much she received in tips last year.

They don't need to see it, to prove it.

TRG
View Quote

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top