Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2014 10:39:25 PM EDT
I am going to be using a 10.5 inch barrel with a 10 inch rail. Right now I have a2 flash hider and I'm curious what would be the best option for a brake/ comp. I have seen some things like the flaming pig and kak flash cans and those look cool, but cool isn't my goal. My goal is to cut down recoil and muzzle rise when I'm shooting auto. Yes I know it's going to be loud but noise is not my concern, recoil management on full auto is. 

What are some of you guys running and what is your advice?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
All depends if you're interested in running a suppressor down the line. Any 2 chamber break from a reputable company will work fine on a 5.56 platform. I'm personally biased towards the MAAD mount break from silencerco.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Good point. Well let's say no can bc if I'm going to use a can then my brake will not be important other than being able to attach to the can. In that case the can does the work not the brake. So let's say NO CAN for the sake of argument.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several uppers for my M-16 and as such I've tried a variety of muzzle devices. I keep a Yankee Hill phantom comp on my 16" upper and while it's insanely loud it is very controlable. If you want a little extra flash, Carlsons flash enhancer is a blast on my 10.5" upper.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:21:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I like my AK-74 brake.
Not real loud and keeps the muzzle climb to a minimum.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used the Smith Enterprises brake for a lot of years.  Not obnoxiously loud and very effective at holding the muzzle down once you tune it (by rotating) to account for lateral motion also.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#6]
The best full-auto break/comp I have found is the Sun Devil MFG. model...

http://www.shop.sundevilsales.com/

I have gone through more than 14 different types over 20+ years.  
When I started building my super shorty M16 upper I went with the SD and am impressed!

6" billet Sun Devil upper w/SD break:

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#7]
If you truly don't give a shit about the concussion, lighting strike sound or dirty look of shooters next to you, then I recommend you PWS.
I took it off from my SCAR and slap it on 10.5" full-auto, and it controlled the muzzle rise & felt recoil significantly.
It works...

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been running a SLR Rifleworks Synergy BCF Muzzle Brake with a 7.5 inch barrel. The concussion isn't terrible and you don't have to fight the muzzle during a mag dump or long burst.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks pretty good... might need to try one.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been running a SLR Rifleworks Synergy BCF Muzzle Brake with a 7.5 inch barrel. The concussion isn't terrible and you don't have to fight the muzzle during a mag dump or long burst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJG_Sr3PdnQ
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Stick with the A2

It's already loud enough.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top