Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 8/31/2014 8:33:59 AM EDT
It's time for a new LPK, where are some places to buy? Brownell's has FA parts, but they are insanely expensive.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's time for a new LPK, where are some places to buy? Brownell's has FA parts, but they are insanely expensive.
View Quote

If you want COLT LPK Brownell's and SAW are about the only two places you can order them online from.

I'm sure you can get DPMS or other unknown sources of full auto parts from other places.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I get mine from Bushmaster. Unfortunately, they require a copy of your Form 4  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#3]
right here
http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/AR_15_Parts_Kits-279-0.html

http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/AR_15_Fire_Control-298-0.html
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
1 left

http://www.jsesurplus.com/dpmslowerreceiverpartskit-1.aspx
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1 left

http://www.jsesurplus.com/dpmslowerreceiverpartskit-1.aspx

View Quote

Someone snagged it

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Wait a minute ... you own a machine gun, and are complaining about the cost of parts?

FWIW .... when I got my Colt M16A1 in '94, I replaced the entire fire-control system with brand new Colt* parts. Since then, I've put more than 50k rounds through it, and other than regularly replacing the hammer/trigger/disco/recoil springs, I have had zero malfunctions and there is almost no visible wear on the FCG components other than slight finish rub marks.

A machine gun is best defined as a device to empty magazines as rapidly as possible. You don't discuss how it shoots; instead, you talk about how it runs.  I would rather pay an extra $100 for FCG parts that are known to be good, and ensure that my MG runs. And that means buying Colt.

Your Mileage May Vary.

*OK, I do use a JP trigger and JP springs, but everything else is 100% Colt. It is boringly reliable, which is how I prefer my MGs to be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a minute ... you own a machine gun, and are complaining about the cost of parts?

FWIW .... when I got my Colt M16A1 in '94, I replaced the entire fire-control system with brand new Colt* parts. Since then, I've put more than 50k rounds through it, and other than regularly replacing the hammer/trigger/disco/recoil springs, I have had zero malfunctions and there is almost no visible wear on the FCG components other than slight finish rub marks.

A machine gun is best defined as a device to empty magazines as rapidly as possible. You don't discuss how it shoots; instead, you talk about how it runs.  I would rather pay an extra $100 for FCG parts that are known to be good, and ensure that my MG runs. And that means buying Colt.

Your Mileage May Vary.

*OK, I do use a JP trigger and JP springs, but everything else is 100% Colt. It is boringly reliable, which is how I prefer my MGs to be.

Yes, I am. I can order a LPK from CMMG for $65 + shipping. There's not so much extra metal on the hammer and disconnector to justify the huge increase in price.

Maybe i'll start with a new set of springs.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It's not a matter of extra metal -- it is about the parts being in-spec.

In the last decade of posts here, I've lost count of the number of folks who are trying to get their M16s to run right with non-Colt FCGs. They end up buying a second, Colt set to get 'em to run.

But maybe you'll be the lucky guy who has no problems with the DPMS FCG. Hope so, for your sake!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I am. I can order a LPK from CMMG for $65 + shipping. There's not so much extra metal on the hammer and disconnector to justify the huge increase in price.

Maybe i'll start with a new set of springs.

It's not a matter of extra metal -- it is about the parts being in-spec.

In the last decade of posts here, I've lost count of the number of folks who are trying to get their M16s to run right with non-Colt FCGs. They end up buying a second, Colt set to get 'em to run.

But maybe you'll be the lucky guy who has no problems with the DPMS FCG. Hope so, for your sake!

Like I said, i'll start with a set of springs. The selector can be sticky sometimes, and it seems to be happening more frequently.

DPMS? I don't think so.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
some are available on the EE
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:47:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a set from SAW.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#12]
What is wrong with DPMS M-16 lower parts?

I've got a set that I bought in a blister pack back in the 90's and it works fine and never had an issue.

Is the issue with more recent parts or did I just get lucky?

ETA: Fixed a typo.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I've used DPMS M16 LPKs with no problems. DIAS. Not saying they're the best, but they worked.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]
SAW Sales.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Get a Ssf trigger and a badass selector.

Don't waste your time or money onanything else

You have too much invested in the Mg. Don't be a cheap ass now. Buy the best.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Can I safely assume it's legal to sell my old one? If I can buy one from the Internet, I don't see why I couldn't sell mine on the Internet.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:00:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Bump, any sources for that DPMS kit for 70 bucks? I'd rather spend 70 than 120.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#24]
If money isn't that tight get a geissele SSF trigger.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#25]
It's purring right along with a new Colt FCG.

And then the carrier key needed further staking.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:25:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Nothing a small chisel, prick punch, or a welder wont cure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's purring right along with a new Colt FCG.

And then the carrier key needed further staking. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_angry.gif

Nothing a small chisel, prick punch, or a welder wont cure.

Yep, already dealt with.

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top