Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2014 4:08:13 PM EDT
I have 2 questions here.

1) Is a RDIAS able to be swapped between weapons?  I am assuming they can be since the RDIAS is the registered part.  For example, my buddy has one, can I try it in my weapon as long as he is there?

2) If I were able to try it in mine I would need a full auto safety.  Can I own and have a full auto safety installed or is that too close to constructive possession?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can move it around. Why not borrow his safety when you borrow the sear.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:Why not borrow his safety when you borrow the sear.
View Quote

Cause that would be kind of annoying to do.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have 2 questions here.

1) Is a RDIAS able to be swapped between weapons?  I am assuming they can be since the RDIAS is the registered part.  For example, my buddy has one, can I try it in my weapon as long as he is there?

2) If I were able to try it in mine I would need a full auto safety.  Can I own and have a full auto safety installed or is that too close to constructive possession?
View Quote

You need the entire Automatic Fire Control Group Minus the Sear.

Just use his gun, its just easier.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Correct.To use his RDIAS, you must replace your semi hammer, trigger, disconnector and selector with the full-auto equivalents of each of the four parts. And yes, if you switch to those and leave them in there after your friend removes his RDIAS, you are in constructive possession of an unregistered machine gun.

Just borrow his gun -- or buy your own RDIAS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have 2 questions here.

Correct.To use his RDIAS, you must replace your semi hammer, trigger, disconnector and selector with the full-auto equivalents of each of the four parts. And yes, if you switch to those and leave them in there after your friend removes his RDIAS, you are in constructive possession of an unregistered machine gun.

Well that sucks....

Thanks gentleman!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Save up $14-16k and buy yourself a Non-Colt RR, or if you just want to goof around at the range get a slide fire.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 2 questions here.

That configuration - minus the auto sear - is what they convicted Olofsen of having a machine gun with.

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top