Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 8:19:38 AM EDT
Question to those owners of a RLL (SWD), does your form 4 say Machinegun or Machinegun sear? I thought it would say sear, like the HK sears.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a RLL, but my Flemming HK sear is listed as a "Machinegun sear".
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea I'm alittle baffled. My HK sear says "machine gun sear", where my m16 receiver, obvioulsy just says machine gun. My RLL paperwork says Machinegun, and not sear. I understand that technically it is not a sear since there is still a sear present in the trigger group.
Totally confused here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It should be listed as a machinegun, as should HK sears or AR DIAS, etc.  It is a part or part specifically designed and intended to convert a firearm into a machinegun, so is a machinegun per the legal definition.

Additional description block is where "machinegun sear" or "conversion device" should be listed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine says machinegun. But I got 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
And my LL is listed as a "Drop in auto connector".
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
As others have already mentioned, the only applicable classification is machinegun.  However, the form 4 I just did for an FNC sear we listed "machinegun sear" because that is what was on the previous form 4 that the gun just transferred in on and the form 4 before that.  My dealer thought it best to leave it matching the other forms and thought it was best because it made 100% clear the item was the sear and it wasn't married to anything.  We both realize that neither of those reasons mean a hill of beans but said WTH we'll leave it like it has been for at least the last two forms and probably how S&H registered originally.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Different thing, but both my RDIASs are listed as "drop in sear."
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#9]
My DIAS was listed as "drop in auto sear" on its original paperwork as well,  but when transferring it to me the ATF kicked it back and made my dealer change it to "machine gun" before they'd approve the transfer.

-bob

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]
My sears are listed as follows

FNC Sear #1 = Machinegun Sear
FNC Sear #2 = Machinegun Auto Sear
RLL #1 = Drop in Auto Connector
RLL #2 = Machinegun
HK Sear #1 = Machinegun Sear
HK Sear #2 = Machinegun Sear
HK Sear #3 = Machinegun Sear
AUG Sear = Machine Gun Sear

Seems like Machinegun Sear appears to be accepted nomenclature on the forms, but with the ATF you never know depending upon the examiner.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I just had one approved as a "machine gun"
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:25:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

RLL = Drop in Auto Connector
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

RLL = Drop in Auto Connector

HK sear = machinegun sear

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you gents. Just had to do a sanity check. My RLL says machine gun and my HK LaFrance pack says machinegun sear.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top