Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2014 9:18:46 AM EDT
Was kicking around the idea of getting another 16 and thought a link might be fun.  Found one on one of the larger sites and just got quoted 18.5 for a link in a host. Didn't see that one coming.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#1]
While prices have risen dramatically in the last couple years I think they are dreaming at that price. 10-14K seems like a more marketable price these days, but who can say what they will being in a few more years.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
agree 18.5 is to high..

id say any where 13-15 just because they rarely come up for sale.

just wondering where did you find the 18.5 one? i have not seen any listed in a while
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I got quoted that from only the best.  I know they are high but that seemed crazy to me. I figured somewhere in the 10-12 range. I thought y'all would get a hoot out of it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I should have guessed it was OTB. They have some nice guns, but their prices seem to follow the cheaper than dirt pricing policy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't seen one for sale lately... my guess is that if you put it on gunbroker, then you could get $15K easy.

I love my LL and will never sell it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
OTB and auto weapons, always good for a laugh. They are related. Shocking, I know.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Dang, I got mine for $5K 3 2 years ago. I paid for it March of 2012.

I think I only put two mags through it.

If I could clear $15 for it today, I would get a 2nd HK sear.

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got your $15.00 right here buddy!  My FFL's info is...

In all seriousness though, they've gone up that much??  Can't you buy a registered receiver conversion for $15k-18k still?  I thought the colts were just getting over the 22k hump at this point.  

I would have thought a RLL would be lucky to command 11k-12k at the moment...
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now if we could find $15k HK sears
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#10]
i saw one sell on gb for 13k a while ago i think there was a thread on it acutally.... but have not seen one since so it is hard to know exactly what it would bring with so few coming up for sale.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

i remember that on one of the FS boards. i though it was a scam . that one was cheap even for then.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i remember that on one of the FS boards. i though it was a scam . that one was cheap even for then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it was cheap even for then. You can go to machinegun price guide and see the upswing in price and then my RLL. I think it is the lowest one listed.

I was very cautious but I did my research and background/ reference check.

I was the 2nd called but the first guy tried to low ball the seller. So it took my full asking price offer.  I think others offered more but he kept our deal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I traded the Shrike I had for a RLL about 2 years ago!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I paid 7k for mine in 7/13. It was a steal. One went for 15k with a shit host on gunbroker in the last few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 12:46:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember when HK sears went from $250 to $500 and I thought that was expensive.

Someday we will be looking back and thinking that today's machine gun prices were cheap.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Frank has a link with an lmt host for $18k bin.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Do you have a link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a link?

Check his gunbroker account.  Its listed there.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#20]
his desriptions and titles are soooo misleading.... m16 transferable machinegun .... for a title ........and then only 3/4 of the way though the body  does he say auto connector not even lightning link.

and if you are paying 10k for a link you would also think that there might be at least 1 freaking picuture of the link and not 10 of a run of the milll LMT 16" carbine host.

he basically does every thing possible to make the uneducated  think this is a RR at first then after that a RDIAS
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Do you have a link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a link?

I'm not sure if it is ok to post the link but it is Auction # 404940472.

The auction doesn't have a picture of the auto connector nor does it say who made it.

Bidding is just over $9k with no reserve.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Shoot... No wonder I couldn't find the ad with 15 mins of searching the gunbroker

Quoted:

The auction doesn't have a picture of the auto connector nor does it say who made it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a link?

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

his desriptions and titles are soooo misleading.... m16 transferable machinegun .... for a title ........and then only 3/4 of the way though the body  does he say auto connector not even lightning link.

and if you are paying 10k for a link you would also think that there might be at least 1 freaking picuture of the link and not 10 of a run of the milll LMT 16" carbine host.

he basically does every thing possible to make the uneducated  think this is a RR at first then after that a RDIAS
View Quote

Well to be fair auto connector is the correct term,

But but descripttions are never very good
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#24]
..... "The transferable auto conector in this gun is the registered part. Much like the HK sears...."

Hot damn. I didn't know my LL is now in the same category as HK sears
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
..... "The transferable auto conector in this gun is the registered part. Much like the HK sears...."

Hot damn. I didn't know my LL is now in the same category as HK sears
View Quote

i think this makes our links better then RDAIS .....
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Dang, that lightning link that was listed on gun broker sold for 18k!!!
That's insane! There wasn't even a picture of the actual rll, just the host gun.

So depressing I finally got $10k saved up thinking it would be enough for a rll or atleast close and in like 3 months they double in price *sigh*
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#27]
That's crazy man and I feel your pain.
There was a guy at the subgun board who wanted to trade his LL for UZI.
You might offer him $12k and see what happens.  
It was under the NFA discussion section about a week ago.  

Quoted:
Dang, that lightning link that was listed on gun broker sold for 18k!!!
That's insane! There wasn't even a picture of the actual rll, just the host gun.

So depressing I finally got $10k saved up thinking it would be enough for a rll or atleast close and in like 3 months they double in price *sigh*
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Someone used the buy it now to end franks auction at $18k. Ho lee shit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Minus that crappy host and I guess we are looking at $17K+ for LL along.
Not too long until LL hits $20K mark... perhaps this summer?
I guess LL's price is climbing much faster than HK sears... Insane.  

Quoted:
Someone used the buy it now to end franks auction at $18k. Ho lee shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Think I'm going to have to rethink plans, I had a rifle all built based on a rll, might consider buying a off brand rr like a bushmaster or a converted sp1, not really what I wanted but I have seen those selling for like 15k
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I think there is a greater 50% chance it get s relisted

I'm suspicious that his auctions really sell for what we think they do
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think there is a greater 50% chance it get s relisted

I'm suspicious that his auctions really sell for what we think they do
View Quote

agreed
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I was watching Frank's auction and was shocked when someone pulled the buy now trigger for $18k. Poor description and no picture of the link.... Go figure! Are there any real suckers out there that would spend $18k without knowing what they were buying? I think we'll see that thing relisted.... My RLL is in an all Spikes host, with the 11.5" FN CHF barrel.. All work was done by M60joe. Is mine worth $20k? I doubt it....
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was watching Frank's auction and was shocked when someone pulled the buy now trigger for $18k. Poor description and no picture of the link.... Go figure! Are there any real suckers out there that would spend $18k without knowing what they were buying? I think we'll see that thing relisted.... My RLL is in an all Spikes host, with the 11.5" FN CHF barrel.. All work was done by M60joe. Is mine worth $20k? I doubt it....
View Quote

I wouldn't think so but hey it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I was always under the impression a RR or a RDIAS was more valuable than RRL but things can change.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#35]
To think I was able to buy a RLL with host for 10k this past December and said I'll wait..
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:22:22 AM EDT
[#36]
My setup is exactly same as yours.
Who knows maybe it will reach $20K mark by the summer.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I wouldn't think so but hey it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I was always under the impression a RR or a RDIAS was more valuable than RRL but things can change.
View Quote

Other than a RR or a RDIAS lasting longer than a LL, I don't think that the LL works with certain setups like a dedicated .22LR upper or a .22LR conversion.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:39:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Other than a RR or a RDIAS lasting longer than a LL, I don't think that the LL works with certain setups like a dedicated .22LR upper or a .22LR conversion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A RLL doesnt work with a .22LR upper, it also cant be burst, but they do have kits that are select fire. A RLL also requires a great deal of "timing" and custom work to the host gun, not impossible but for people who dont like to fiddle with their firearms RLL are not for them, a RR is much more plug and play.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RLL are a budget way to get into a select fire AR15.  A RR or M16 will always carry a premium.  No silly SP1/modified carriers, works on every caliber, a lot less problems overall.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

RLL are a budget way to get into a select fire AR15.  A RR or M16 will always carry a premium.  No silly SP1/modified carriers, works on every caliber, a lot less problems overall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats why id doesnt make sense why people would be willing to pay $18,000 for a RLL when you can get a RR for $15,000 or less...a RLL should be going to $12-14k tops. But hey, $18k is a rip off now but in a couple years that same price will be a steal.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm guessing you meant RDIAS, not RLL, right? - since RLL does in fact require SP1 carriers and so far hasn't been made to successfully run 22.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#42]
One for sale for $14k with no hosts right now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
One for sale for $14k with no hosts right now.
View Quote

Got a link to the auction?

Not that I can afford it having just bought a RR haha
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Only reasons I can see RLL starting to command more of a premium is

A. Buyers are worried about damage to the lower receiver in the event of a out of battery type of event.   If the RLL doesn't survive some type of catastrophic event than you probably didn't either.

B. Buyers are starting to place a premium on being able to  convert modern guns.   If you want your LWRCI, HK MR556 /HK416 clone, a Seekins Prec., or even just a lowly modern Colt M4 Carbine marked lower than you need a RDIAS or a RLL to do it.

With a RR, especially a 15K registered receiver you are going to be getting a either an A1 Clone (Sendra/Bushy) or a Slabside/Large Pin Colt.  Even $20K or more still only gets you a Colt A1.

C.  With prices getting so expensive on M16s a RLL or DIAS allows you to essentially tear up cheap host guns without worry that you may put a scratch on your really expensive lower.

There are no right or wrong answers but the RLL is certainly the more budget way to perform a conversion on a modern AR...and as mentioned RLL do come with some downsides as well. (no 22LR kit, no burst option, and you have to use SP1 carriers)
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:52:29 AM EDT
[#45]
for the carriers if you call up young mfg the sell " lightning link cut carrier" brand new in chrome and park... so its not like you have to hunt around for colt sp1 with the un shrouded firing pin any more.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Outstanding info as always!

I like LL because I've multiple modern host weapons w/ AR15 fire control group instead of M16 fire control group.
Also, M60 Joe could modify virtually any carrier or lower of your choice.
With KNS protector, my LL shows no wear and will outlast me.

Quoted:

A. Buyers are worried about damage to the lower receiver in the event of a out of battery type of event.   If the RLL doesn't survive some type of catastrophic event than you probably didn't either.

B. Buyers are starting to place a premium on being able to  convert modern guns.   If you want your LWRCI, HK MR556 /HK416 clone, a Seekins Prec., or even just a lowly modern Colt M4 Carbine marked lower than you need a RDIAS or a RLL to do it.

With a RR, especially a 15K registered receiver you are going to be getting a either an A1 Clone (Sendra/Bushy) or a Slabside/Large Pin Colt.  Even $20K or more still only gets you a Colt A1.

C.  With prices getting so expensive on M16s a RLL or DIAS allows you to essentially tear up cheap host guns without worry that you may put a scratch on your really expensive lower.

There are no right or wrong answers but the RLL is certainly the more budget way to perform a conversion on a modern AR...and as mentioned RLL do come with some downsides as well. (no 22LR kit, no burst option, and you have to use SP1 carriers)
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also, RLLs can fit in AR10s where RDIAS cannot.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top