Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2013 9:49:48 PM EDT
I have a Colt AR15 Slab Slide RR with .315" dia. front pivot hole. Ammo is up and the economy is down and I rarely shoot it so I'm seriously considering selling it.

It's very clean / excellent condition and runs like a swiss clock.

It includes a Knights M16 trigger kit. Crisp 2 stage in simi and single stage in full auto. It also includes a complete 11.5" Colt Commando Upper that I purchased new which I've put approximately 2000 rounds through.

Suggestions on selling price? Am I better off parting the gun out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate to sell it, but unless it's going to appreciate a lot within the next 5 years then I think I can do better with the cash.

I've bought a lot of NFA toys, but I've never sold any. What is process in selling an NFA weapon?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 1:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Would you take payments? Lol
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 2:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would you take payments? Lol
View Quote

No kidding...
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've bought a lot of NFA toys, but I've never sold any. What is process in selling an NFA weapon?
View Quote

In state face-to-face:

Buyer submits form 4 and pays $200 tax. You keep possession of weapon until buyer receives approved form 4 from ATF. Once buyer has an approved form 4, he can take possession of the weapon.

Out of State:

Out of State must go through a dealer in the BUYER'S home state: Transfer to dealer in buyer's state on form 4 ($200 tax). Then dealer transfers to buyer on another form 4 (another $200 tax).
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Colt AR15 Slab Slide RR with .315" dia. front pivot hole. Ammo is up and the economy is down and I rarely shoot it so I'm seriously considering selling it.

It's very clean / excellent condition and runs like a swiss clock.

It includes a Knights M16 trigger kit. Crisp 2 stage in simi and single stage in full auto. It also includes a complete 11.5" Colt Commando Upper that I purchased new which I've put approximately 2000 rounds through.

Suggestions on selling price? Am I better off parting the gun out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate to sell it, but unless it's going to appreciate a lot within the next 5 years then I think I can do better with the cash.

Thanks in advance for your help.
View Quote

I think it will.  I honestly think M16s will get to $100k before they really start slowing down.  I could be wrong though of course.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:28:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't sell it. I feel you will regret it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I keep thinking about selling my mg's, but that's what keeps me from doing it.  I think I'll regret it as soon as I do.  I don't even shoot mine much but it's nice to have that luxury when you want to.  I joke about these things being part of my retirement plan, but I do worry a little about an outright ban on ownership or transfers.  As long as that doesn't happen, the prices will just keep trending up.

I've taken the stance that if I don't need the money, then I don't need to sell.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I keep thinking about selling my mg's, but that's what keeps me from doing it.  I think I'll regret it as soon as I do.  I don't even shoot mine much but it's nice to have that luxury when you want to.  I joke about these things being part of my retirement plan, but I do worry a little about an outright ban on ownership or transfers.  As long as that doesn't happen, the prices will just keep trending up.

I've taken the stance that if I don't need the money, then I don't need to sell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have the right out look on it. If you NEED money for something, kids going to college, medical bills, want to buy a new property or something, ok, that would be a good reason to sell, sure. The property might not be a good reason, but of course if you want it, sure. But to sell just because you aren't using it? I would advise you not to.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I've sold
PS Mac 10/suppressor all original Powder Springs gun
Vector Uzi
Colt SP1 RR

I regret selling all of them but the Powder Springs MAC10 I regret most
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've sold
Vector Uzi
Colt SP1 RR

View Quote

Why the mac10 the most?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why the mac10 the most?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've sold
Vector Uzi
Colt SP1 RR

Why the mac10 the most?

The same day I got the call that my paperwork was in and I could pick up my first submachine gun and suppressor my wife call same day and told me she was pregnant with my first child. Should have saved the Mac for Max.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Sell it only if you need money or have a hell of an investment opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
[b]Originally Posted By mental stampede

In state face-to-face:

Buyer submits form 4 and pays $200 tax. You keep possession of weapon until buyer receives approved form 4 from ATF. Once buyer has an approved form 4, he can take possession of the weapon.

View Quote

In the case of an in state, face-to-face sale, dosen't the seller receive the approved form 4 from ATF? Not the buyer?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In the case of an in state, face-to-face sale, dosen't the seller receive the approved form 4 from ATF? Not the buyer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Originally Posted By mental stampede

In state face-to-face:

Correct, the seller always gets the form back. Who ever the item is transferring from.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#17]
OP: Keep the RR - you may never have the chance to own one again.

I've sold:
- EA/RR (with suppressed Gemtech Talon 9MM upper)
- Beretta BM-59
- full-size Vector UZI
- mini Vector UZI

Kept my factory Colt M16-A1.

Wish I had the UZI's back.

If I had it to do all over again and knew what's out there like I do now, I would have started collecting WWII stuff - BAR/Thompson/Grease Gun/1919/M2/..........

With today's prices and wait times - screw it - at my age, I need more instant gratification.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:06:57 AM EDT
[#18]
keep it until you need money.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top