Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 9/26/2011 7:35:37 PM EDT

Just got our SOT in the mail!!

Have the whole MP5 thing figured out, as it will be our main focus, but we are looking to convert a couple of AR-15's to Post Sample demo guns.  So assuming we have the properly shelved lower, a full auto trigger group, and the proper jig to drill the lower receiver to complete the lower.  What do we need special on the upper?  Do we need a full auto BCG or anything else?

Also, we will be using a PCF lower for our initial testing, once we have it figured out, what lower would you experts recommend for full auto use?

Thanks for the help!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The upper needs to be sear-cut if you'll be using GI auto sears instead of drop-ins.

You'll need a full auto carrier, and complete full auto FCG.

You realize you need to hog out the lower to fit the auto sear, not just drill the sear hole, right?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Please, enlighten me ....

One would hope that someone going to that kind of effort would have researched and thought these thing through........

Talking out my ass here but why does the thought "can not obtain for the purposes of enhancing ones own collection" ring in my head.  To OP....[Full legal disclaimer]Not necessairly implying that it just was the first thought in my head.[/Full legal disclaimer]

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The upper needs to be sear-cut if you'll be using GI auto sears instead of drop-ins.

You'll need a full auto carrier, and complete full auto FCG.

You realize you need to hog out the lower to fit the auto sear, not just drill the sear hole, right?

+1.

There is no commercially sold AR15 lower that can accommodate a full-auto fire-control group without milling the interior. The conversion is way beyond just drilling a hole for the autosear pin.

So as far as which host lower receiver is best ... since you are completely redoing the inside dimensionally, the only issue is exterior cosmetics.

In addition, I'm wondering why an 07/02 would make their main focus the MP5, which is an out-of-production legacy SMG with no potential LE sales. LE looks to newer-generation SMGs today; you might as well focus on STEn gun production.

You are paying your ITAR fee, right?

Thanks for the info!!!

We have all the equipment to mill the interiors, but was hoping to buy them already milled.

None of the MP5's are full auto, just building nice SBR's/pistols, and we are paying all taxes and fees.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

One would hope that someone going to that kind of effort would have researched and thought these thing through........
Talking out my ass here but why does the thought "can not obtain for the purposes of enhancing ones own collection" ring in my head.  To OP....[Full legal disclaimer]Not necessairly implying that it just was the first thought in my head.[/Full legal disclaimer]

Yep - talking out your ASS

Anything FA we build will sold or legally demilled, and if you understand SOT rules, you can't keep them anyway!!!

BTW - your right, we should have researched this part better!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Also, we will be using a PCF lower for our initial testing, once we have it figured out, what lower would you experts recommend for full auto use?

I used the cheapest ones I could find at the time, Superior Arms as they were also marked SAFE/SEMI/FULL. No sense spending a lot, since it is a Post-Sample and will be destroyed. Mine have worked fine. With a decent mill it is a 30 minute job.

For the MP5, I just did a trigger pack modification. That was 3 minutes with a mill.

Link Posted: 10/11/2011 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.pcfmfg.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=28

I SAW A POST SAMPLE AT A SHOOT A COUPLE MONTHS BACK . ALL THE GUY DID WAS DRILL 2 HOLES IN THE RECEIVER . THE WALLS OF THE RECEIVER GO STRAIGHT BACK NO MILLING  REQUIRED AND IT IS A PLASTIC TYPE RECEIVER. ALL THE PARTS WILL FIT IN. AND IF IS A POST SAMPLE YOU CAN TRASH THE RECEIVER ONE DAY AND IT WAS VERY INEXPENSIVE . I CAN'T SEE ANOTHER CLASS 2 OR 3 WANTING TO BUY IT . THE ENTIRE LOWERS ARE 115. RETAIL.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#9]
5TH PICTURE DOWN .

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=12271
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#10]
PICTURE INSIDE THE RECEIVER .

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/488153__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Plum_Crazy_polymer_lower_review.html&page=5
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top