Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2017 6:36:25 AM EDT
Got a M3A1 barrel for a project. But I think that the chamber look...a little short. 

Is there anyone here who would provide a pic of a chambered round in a known good M3/M3A1 SMG barrel ? 

Thx ! 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#1]
That's not right. I just took a look at mine, and the base of the cartridge protrudes .190" from the end of the barrel, when chambered. (About even with the front of the cannelure.)

You have an unfinished barrel -- barrel nut not installed, and chamber not finished reamed. I once saw one of these barrels, in similar condition, that had no chamber at all.

How do you plan to install the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I drilled the old pin from the barrel and I milled the new barrel for a slightly oversize pin. I still have the old barrel on hand but the chamber is bulged to the point the headspace gauge will not enter. I think I will cut the barrel in half to measure the length of the chamber :-) 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top