Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 9:40:51 AM EDT
I can't find any comps and don't see any proscription on a value request in the rules sticky above.    

Wondering what an exc. condition Erb Sterling is worth at this point.   If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a bunch brother!    Wow, bookmarking that.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen an Erb built Sterling.......

Is it on a proper tube, or is it a "Stenling" ???
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The price of Sterlings basically tracks evenly with RR Uzis.

Stenlings are halfway between a Sten and a Sterling in price.

Proper Sterlings are about $14k, give or take a thousand.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
It's definitely not an all british gun.  

The manufacturer is Charles Erb and the serial# on the tube is E___.  In every respect it seems to be a properly built sterling.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks like a Sterling (not a Stenling) to me. When I bought my Sten for $7k from Ruben (in September), he also had a Sterling MKIV for $15k. It can be tough to gauge the current price on Stens and Sterlings because sometimes there aren't any for sale...like right now.

I'd revise my earlier statement of $14k +/- $1k to be $15k +/- $1k.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks a lot guys for the fast and very detailed technical info here.  

Another one of the great subforums.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Was Charles Erb a top quality MG receiver maker? I see Erb tube frequently while browsing older MP40 sales.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes,

His and the DLO are examples of really good ones that are desirable.  

Still in business I believe.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes,

His and the DLO are examples of really good ones that are desirable.  

Still in business I believe.
View Quote
Erb is well regarded, but to be fair, these guns are simple as hell. If it's in good condition, there's really not much to worry about. That Sterling looks perfect.

Also bear in mind that a ton of DLO tubes were built by other people. I've read negative things about some builders and positive things about other builders. I would care more about who built the gun than who made the tube. And I would care more about condition of the gun than either of those things.

I've watched an absolute rust bucket DLO Sten sell for more than a Catco with light surface rust. That blows my mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top