Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2017 7:27:35 PM EDT
I posted this in another forum so its a copy and paste of my posts. Im just looking for some feedback.

It may be a Stupid question or not the best forum for it, but does anyone Run 5.56 through 7.62 ammo chute? I am aware the device on the gun end that prevents the ammo from sliding back down the chute when opening the top (or bottem) cover, may not function and may need to be swapped out.

Ive been wanting to set up something in two calibers, but dont want to have to have 2 boxes and two chutes..but dont want to sacrifice function for cost.
It just seems possible, if not im tempted to fashion my own chute.but its also tempting to just buy it though. The accsesories for the chutes specifically the m249 and m60 are easilly adapted for my m16/HK

I think 3d printed plastic would work but not really what im going for.

I think if i lived in MA i wouldnt have these problems, preban "predetor packs" and parts are hard to come by and so expensive it makes the new ones look practical. I dont plan on using it as a backpack other than novelty. I plan feed from it in general with it though. Loose belt isnt the way to go and i dont like any of the saw boxes or custom bags out there.

Im going to get a quote for everything and go from there.im not usually the guy to hack or half ass my guns. I just wonder if i can get away with one chute. I can fill the extra space in the can with UHMW plastic or somithing similar..
7.62x52 isnt that much larger than 5.56x45..ya there may be some slap in the chute but i wouldnt think it would bind....someones done it im sure.

I guess someone is already make polymer chute

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/06/01...er-feed-chute/
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#1]
what are you trying to do??

I get run diff ammo but from what, in a feed chute on a table or try-pod??

how many rounds??

do you run modified boxes for ammo?

looks like you wan o run a pred pack
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Itll be a preditorbackpack, but it will rarely be used that way... most mostly ill use it with my tripod.
Il either go with the original 400rd capacity or the modern 1200rd box.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#3]
So 5.56 chute is unobtainium, i got 6 feet of 7.62 chute and a 1200rd minigun can.im trying to track down 2 other cans and im going to hackjob ther 7.62 chute to feed 5.56.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking for 5.56mm chute for several decades and I have never seen any for sale.

You could always model up some chute from 7.62 and scale it down to 3D print it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree. I got my 7.62 chute and a can, trying to grab a couple more different ones.

Even if you could get 5.56 chute unless the same source could sell you the ends and gun adapters, it would even be worth it.

I will attempt to use 5.56 through 7.62 when my stuff shows up.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Hows this going?  I'd like some 5.56mm feed chute as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I have all the parts to connect to my hk21 that i should have in a few weeks i5 will shot 7.61 and 5.56.
I now have the 1200rd minigun can and the 400rd xm23 predetor pack can with 2 chutes.

Right now im trying to figure out how to attach it to my shrike.i have a RDIAS so im debating welding a piece of 1/2" bar stock to the magwell on the left side just below the deck, it would have a few tapped holes in it so i can bolt a m60 adapter to it. It also has to not obstruct the front pivot pin or prevent punching out the roll pin for the bolt catch.

Im about 90% of fhe way to having an answer to my 5.56 in a 7.62 chute question.

Miniguns have a motor that go on my can and there is a round repositioner.
Id love to find better photos of the round repositoner, to see how it works and i could maybe rig one up
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#8]
A place called Standard Armament makes what you seek . It is not cheap
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A place called Standard Armament makes what you seek . It is not cheap
View Quote
do you know that or did you just post because they have 5,56 listed but no product available???
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#10]
None of those companies sell to individuals. I  contacted all of them.

I made a magwell block that came out like crap, but it should be funtional.

In about a month ill be giving it a try, if it works....and i like it as a system, I'll make another adapter thats more slick.

I really only started doing this for my mm21e/23e, but see no reason it wont work on a shrike/mcr.

If im using the mm23e in a mg3 tripod... its only like 18" of chute... i cant see 5.56 chute working any bettert han 7.62 chute. I just want to see how it works, through 5 feet of chute to my AA tripod. Im sure itll pull it, just worried abput TNe slapping belt moving the cartrages in my already stretched links.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#11]
bump for updates
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's what I came up with on my MM21e. Haven't thought about the .223, now you have me thinking

I'll be back...
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#13]
now thats sweet
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Your killing me, I'm waiting on my mm21e from mike.
I have the exact same setup.did i buy the hk to m60 adapter from you?
Do you know if you can have a "feed inlet" bolted to the feedmech and still clear your adapter and chute?

I never successfully ran the .223 from my MCR.i had clipped a chute end in upside down and for the life of me i couldn't get it back off

Then with my other chute i kep loqding the build back2ards and upside from lack of experience, this was at a busy shoot so i gave up
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#15]
"I have the exact same setup.did i buy the hk to m60 adapter from you?
Do you know if you can have a "feed inlet" bolted to the feedmech and still clear your adapter and chute?

I never successfully ran the .223 from my MCR.i had clipped a chute end in upside down and for the life of me i couldn't get it back off"

No, I bought the "hk to m60 adapter" directly from MM. I don't fully understand " if you can have a "feed inlet" bolted to the feedmech and still clear your adapter and chute?" Part.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Google hk21 belt inlet.. or click this link.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hk21e+feed+inlet&oq=hk21e+feed+inlet&aqs=chrome..69i57.7063j0j7&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=bBx3XP8i4dQEtM:

You dont need it when running a chute but i was curious if it was on there if it would interfere with anything.
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google hk21 belt inlet.. or click this link.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hk21e+feed+inlet&oq=hk21e+feed+inlet&aqs=chrome..69i57.7063j0j7&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=bBx3XP8i4dQEtM:

You dont need it when running a chute but i was curious if it was on there if it would interfere with anything.
View Quote
I got it now. As you can see in my top pic, my belt inlet guide is attached. However, if I was to remove the guide and have my chuting attached in the manner how I attach it, than no it would not interfere.

Post pics of what you do have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top