Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 10:04:46 PM EDT
I have two questions. First, I have several 32 rd. mags that when full will not lock into my SA full sized Uzi. If I remove 6 or 7 rds, they will lock with a little force and feed. If I really force a full 32 rd mag into lock, the bolt is jammed and the mag lock will not release the mag. I have to force the bolt rearward and then the mag release will work. Empty mags lock in with no problem and less than full 32's and full 25's lock in and function fine. Any ideas, the problem is exactly same on a friend's Uzi also. The other question, I have been a member of UZItalk for almost a year and can not access any functions other than to read the forum threads, I can not contact the moderator or post anything, I get a message that I do not have privalege to access. I can't even contact anyone on the sight to ask why. Can anyone here let someone know at Uzitalk? and maybe get me a contact to discuss/fix the problem? Thanks Hueydoctor
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:10:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Well ... I'll give this a try. First, be sure you have properly loaded ONLY 32 rds into the mag. I know this sounds obvious but it is easy to put in 1-2 extra rds and it is impossible to get the mag to insert as you describe.  Even at 32 rds mine are pretty tight to lock in on a closed bolt.   From here look for something that may be out of spec. If the mags are not by a known quality maker, they could be 30 and 1/2 round mags ( due to poor manufacturing) and the 'extra' rounds to make 32 fit are too much for that mag.  Other less likely considerations would  be mag catch position incorrect/bent, pistol grip sitting too high and the like. You might try swapping out the pistol grip for another and see if that helps. I'm sure other will have more suggestions.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#3]
On UziTalk, you have to be a Member (i.e., sign up) to do anything but read.  Once you join as a Member (or higher), you should be able to post in the threads, and access the For Sale Forum, which is also blocked to non-Members.

Best of luck resolving your issues.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top