Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 11:26:16 PM EDT
I am a FFL/SOT.  I am thinking about a post sample FS2000 and/or PS90.  What is the registered part, the receiver on either or can I Form 2 the trigger pack by itself?  I see them on GB for sale as trigger packs, but was hoping for some insight from this forum.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:56:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I was curious about that too, after seeing the registered pack on GB. I have a F2000 Tactical. The "receiver" on that version is the aluminum optics rail. On a Standard model (with factory optic) it was the left barrel support side plate, with embedded s/n plate. Interestingly, both parts are/were sold as individual replacement parts.

MGW lists stocks as F2000/FS2000 but they have different markings.
Their part F482010040 includes the F2000 3-position selector and is marked F2000.

I don't know if there is anything to keep a factory select-fire hammer group (pack) from fitting in a FS2000 stock (like the 2 nubs in a Steyr AUG SA stock), as I don't have a FS2000 to try mine in.
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/ctgy/fn-fs2000-hammer-group

If it fits, I say just register it. If it doesn't fit, either modify it to fit and register it, or modify the stock and register the stock. Then use a factory hammer group.
Seems logical to me anyway. That's how I plan to Form 2 my AUG, with a registered stock.

I'm curious to know if the "receivers" have any differences whatsoever.

A factory P90 will have a registered receiver marked P90. I don't know if their packs fit a PS90 stock. I suspect not, as MGW has a restriction notice for the P90 stock.
http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/ctgy/fn-ps90-stock-assembly
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Here are the differences:

F2000 factory auto

Stop milled off to fit FS2000 stock

P90 factory auto

Notches cut to bypass blocks in PS90 stock

I still don't know if the receivers are different, but that doesn't matter for a conversion device. Just Form 2 the packs like Law Dawg Armory did. 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe both the FS2000 and the PS90 factory stocks have a selector that prevents the trigger from pulling back far enough to engage these packs into a full auto mode.

These packs are like steyrs that when in select fire mode, you pull a little and get a single round - pull further and it goes into FA.

So, you need a selector that allows FA for one.

Second, I believe, the factory non select fire stocks, apparently are designed to prevent you from installing a select fire selector into them. I have no clue what changes / modifications need to be made for that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#4]
From Googling, I don't think there's anything to prevent installation/function of the selector switches, unless there's some newer generation of semi-auto stocks. I found no mention of that. Everything suggests they will swap easily, and allow greater rearward movement of the trigger bar.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all of the replies.  I will let you know how it turns out once I get the parts.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top