Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 2:01:56 PM EDT
What would y'all consider to be a "good" deal right now on a M11/9?

Guy locally is asking $5,700 and he will cover the $200 tax stamp. Seems like its in good condition and comes with a couple spare mags.

Should I jump on it or wait?

EDIT: should have jumped on it, someone bought it right after he posted it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
They are trending towards 8k right now. I'd get on that quick.

Or better yet give me his info. I'd take a second one at that price.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
No right now Mac prices are down, and they're not even selling.
M11a1 is most in demand, followed by m10, then m11/9.  
They're around 6500 right now, and they're barely selling at that price.  No one seems to be buying and I think it has to do with the post 41f wait times.

Either way, 5700 is a great price, but they're no longer going for 8k.
Less than a year ago 8k and they were sold within a day.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
subguns

They still are. Check out the other adds on subguns. There are very few that have not sold.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
info please
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
really wasent planning to buy a mac but feel I cant pass on one at that price.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
subguns

They still are. Check out the other adds on subguns. There are very few that have not sold.
View Quote

Those are rubens prices....
I've bought from him and would again....but he's always higher than everyone else.
I wouldn't say he's at market
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
really wasent planning to buy a mac but feel I cant pass on one at that price.
View Quote

I think I would too.  If it was local, I'd find it hard to turn down.  And if I was local to you and you passed, I'd probably kick you a few hundred and lunch for the info on it.

If the deal was out of state, I wouldn't go running for it.  But since its local to you, I think I'd jump on it.  Yeah, you'll have to wait a few months to take delivery, but I don't see you losing any money on the deal if you decide you don't want it.  I doubt they'll drop any lower than that if they start to slide a little.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Ruben might be high but gunbroker is "retail" type pricing

M11/9s are not changing hands at 5500 on gunbroker.  more like 7000

final bid prices on gunbroker are a good indicator of mid to high retail prices
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a damn good price considering it's local and he covers the stamp. Odds of regretting that purchase are LOW.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's a damn good price considering it's local and he covers the stamp. Odds of regretting that purchase are LOW.
View Quote

Yep, I'd jump on it.  For reference, I paid 6500 for mine pre 41f and that was a good price at the time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The only part of that deal that you should be waiting on is the F4.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd do it quick. If you don't someone else will. He may even let you shoot it while waiting.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#14]
should have jumped.

The NFA regrets I have are passing on $11K, then $12k, then $14k, then $16.5k Aks because they are too pricey. Same for the $9K grease gun. The $17K HK box. The $12K RDIAS.

Pro_Tip ask the seller if he is selling any more MGs, or if he knows of any for sale.
That is how I scored a LOT of deals word of mouth!!! Then pretty soon deals come to you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:10:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Frank just listed a M11/9 for low $6k via his emails.

the 380 Macs are now in the most demand?  Man, I passed on one for $2500 maybe 5-6 years ago.  I went to research Lage uppers for it and it was gone when I came back a few days later.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
should have jumped.

The NFA regrets I have are passing on $11K, then $12k, then $14k, then $16.5k Aks because they are too pricey. Same for the $9K grease gun. The $17K HK box. The $12K RDIAS.

Pro_Tip ask the seller if he is selling any more MGs, or if he knows of any for sale.
That is how I scored a LOT of deals word of mouth!!! Then pretty soon deals come to you.
View Quote

Yeah I will do that in the future, im sure there are good deals out there if you do the research yourself and avoid buying from dealers.
As I said earlier I wasn't out looking for a MG when I saw the ad, so by time I moved cash to my checking account, talked it over with the wife, did some quick research on Macs and then asked about the price on here it was long gone. Live and learn.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah I will do that in the future, im sure there are good deals out there if you do the research yourself and avoid buying from dealers.
As I said earlier I wasn't out looking for a MG when I saw the ad, so by time I moved cash to my checking account, talked it over with the wife, did some quick research on Macs and then asked about the price on here it was long gone. Live and learn.
View Quote

That is when you find MG, When you are not looking!

Get pre-financing from your wife now.

Research the MG/MGs you want now. Learn the ins and outs its nuances, be a subject matter expert. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd say 5.7K for an 11/9 is fantastic right now.   In terms of demand, I see M11/9 as the more desirable, at least 3 times the amount of people I speak with want them over 11A1s or 10s.  

Condition, how they run, and who has them all have a bit to do with price.

I would support paying a bit more for someone who has it safe and secure, and is trustworthy.  Condition could be huge, if the holes are egged and it is either full auto only or has some sort of feeding issues it could be an easy solution or it could be a headache.  If it's a reputable dealer, you can generally rest assured it will sit in a safe and be taken care of with love.  (Condition at sale and transfer will remain the same.)  

If it's from Jimmy Smith in Someplace City, USA and you have just seen so-so pictures... who knows you could pay the money and he could abuse the heck out of it before transfer.  Welds could be breaking, feed ramps could be screwed, holes egged out, etc.  Kind of like buying a car... if you go to a high end dealer you will pay more but you can get a better idea on history.  If you buy from some guy down the street, there's always some question about where it's been.
View Quote

D'oh... that last paragraph is my biggest fear of buying a machine gun. Now you've just gone and terrified me lol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#21]
If you are member on uzitalk there is a potential for a new 5.56 conversion for the M11/9. Seems like Lage now has a hand in it, and it is being sent to ATF for eval and approval. I had a Sabre, but now that this is a possibility I am keeping my M11 and waiting. A Lage produced upper would be fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#22]
That's a good price right now no matter what the present trend is. One day, they will be over ten grand.

I paid about two grand for mine after watching prices climb from 1300 for NIB. I regret to this day passing on a deal for a 7500 dollar FA Olympic Arms guns around that time.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
One day, they will be over ten grand.
View Quote

Agreed. These have but one price trend: up. And that one day could be right around the corner if/when John's/Richard's new M11/15 upper is approved. I could see 10k as the new base line for just the OEM configuration. Quality MK2 packages for sale are already there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top