Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2017 11:18:07 AM EDT
Does anyone on this board have any experience or knowledge in regards to the MG81Z?

I'm largely looking for information in regards to how many transferrables are actually out there, and to the current value of them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience, but that's a gorgeous weapon. Is something like that considered one firearm or two?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
That is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No experience, but that's a gorgeous weapon. Is something like that considered one firearm or two?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The form 3 I saw showed it as a single firearm, but the two halves of the gun each have different serial numbers.

Quoted:
That is awesome.

Agreed. Notice anything similar?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The form 3 I saw showed it as a single firearm, but the two halves of the gun each have different serial numbers.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/7b/Dl-44.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080626152911

Agreed. Notice anything similar?
View Quote

the flash hider
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, and not all that surprising given the way things were done back in the day. Can you imagine if the ATF decided "this one is on the registry, but that one isn't"? Hopefully given the historical context it would never happen, but the ATF is the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Interesting, and not all that surprising given the way things were done back in the day. Can you imagine if the ATF decided "this one is on the registry, but that one isn't"? Hopefully given the historical context it would never happen, but the ATF is the ATF.
View Quote

Got to love the ATF. Let's hope that never happens
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

2......when 2 MG81's are mounted together they are referred to as the MG81Z......."zwilling"

There are actually a decent number in the registry ....just based on the number that show up for sale..... The twin guns sell in the 50-70K range. The last Zwilling setup I saw sold came on a U-boat pedestal mount...

They are very "lightly" made......stamped receiver and lightweight internals.....which wear rapidly and are very difficult to find replacements for....I think they use a unique belt as well.

Shooting a twin gun setup will cost you about 25.00 per second in ammo
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
There are a few around. Not mine BTW

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top