Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2017 5:48:37 PM EDT
So looking on an ad on Subguns and there is a Cobray M11 with a lage upper. I asked the guy what the serial number started with to determine if it was one of the 1986 ones or earlier. He said the serial started with 88. I thought all the 87 and after M11's were semi. So is it a semi gun not full auto? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a pic of the serial number and a copy of the F4.  It should start with an 86.  It's possible his eyes are bad
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Also possibly scam. Check seller out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
everything posted above here is true.

Where did the seller get the gun?
How long his he had it/?
Why is he selling it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the pic's on subgun are very clear. These looked like vaseline was smeared on the lens. Asked for more pic's when I asked about serial number, didn't get any. I am a newb and guess I better pay a little premium to deal with one of the big names. I would have to pay for a paperweight, or maybe not even get that. Thanks for the info.

I did find his address and looked up his house. 200K house. At least not a single wide.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it's a gold laden single wide from all the scams he's pulled....

Post a link to the ad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep go with a dealer....you won't even have to think about it when you send that big check.  That's worth the little extra....
If it's in state and you can touch it that's one thing, out of state; dealer.
There are plenty of macs available right now from most of the big name dealers.  Prices are on there way down again too.  Markets flooded and no one is buying because of 41p and the extended waits.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless out of a long shot it is a registered trigger . There were 10 triggers registered as conversion devices prior to 86 .  They came up in a court case and I have seen a few of them in person
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#8]
One of those Registered Triggers wouldn't work in an M-11/9, or in any other closed bolt MAC host. Those registered triggers are an open bolt semi/SMG trigger assembly which has had "a cutting modification" performed to it, to allow automatic-only fire from an otherwise open bolt semi MAC.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of those Registered Triggers wouldn't work in an M-11/9, or in any other closed bolt MAC host. Those registered triggers are an open bolt semi/SMG trigger assembly which has had "a cutting modification" performed to it, to allow automatic-only fire from an otherwise open bolt semi MAC.
View Quote

Some of those ended up in other host that were not Macs . I think 2 have been destroyed .
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some of those ended up in other host that were not Macs . I think 2 have been destroyed .
View Quote

Using the Registered Trigger for something other than a MAC would seemingly depend on how specific the trigger's NFA paperwork is, regarding the TYPE of firearm. Another issue in using the Registered Trigger would be to avoid creating a Post-Sample out of the host weapon. As an example, installing an "auto sear" in its factory original location would still be verboten.

I suppose it could be done legally, but it would really be "threading the needle".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top