Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2016 2:23:12 PM EDT
Well I like to tinker with stuff and fix/mod it if I can rather then send it out and pay someone else.

I have a 4332 Vecter and it just runs great.  When I bought it she came w/ a factory 22 kit. And it too runs great with most ammo.

The only thing I wish I it did better was run a touch slower.

I know it can be sent out and tuned. But that takes the fun/danger out of it...

I can clip the coil spring, but that is a little too dangerous. There just is no going back.

I have had the idea to add weight to the bolt, but how?

Since the bolt is Alum, I can drill and tap for steel machine screws but that is only add a little weight and is not real adjustable.

I took the extractor off which is had on by two machine screws and a small steel block.

The steel block is shaped like this  ll_______ll with a space about 3/4"x3/4"x 1/4"

So I melted some lead and filled the cavity and got 28gr or 1oz great! the whole bolt only weights 5.8oz So that 17% increase in mass.

I made smaller pours too.

11gr is 6.667%

18gr is 11%

25gr is 15%

28gr is 17%

So I can put these in and take out as needed.

Any thoughts on my work so far?

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We need a full range report! That's when you will know whether or not it worked, and if so, which weight worked best.

If my Uzi slow-fire bolt wasn't buried in the safe, I would drag it out and photograph what BWE did to it. Unlike you, I'm not a tinkerer, so I let Richard do all the heavy lifting on mine.
View Quote

I do miss Florida and my back yard range.

You need 10 acres in Tx to shoot . and be legal ()
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hijack your thread...

Where to send my VECTOR 22kit to make it run?
I'm sick and tired of dealing with my not only one but two complete Vector kits that doesn't run well.
How much does it cost to fix it?
It bends and strips my 22 ammo and causing jam even with CCI high powered ammo.
Tried new ejector and recoil spring and also variety of mags.... no success.

Quoted:
We need a full range report! That's when you will know whether or not it worked, and if so, which weight worked best.

If my Uzi slow-fire bolt wasn't buried in the safe, I would drag it out and photograph what BWE did to it. Unlike you, I'm not a tinkerer, so I let Richard do all the heavy lifting on mine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm sick and tired of dealing with my not only one but two complete Vector kits that doesn't run well.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please do...

tony will be here shortly but untill then.

Have you used Vector Metal Mags?
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try this one. I sent my Vector conversion in when I was having Richard reweld my trunnion. Looks like he mills a slot and bolts a steel bar onto the top.

Prior to the upgrade, the .22 kit actually ran pretty well with Black Dog mags and Vector 20-round mags. I had a few Vector 28s as well, but could never get them to run, and eventually sold them.

I really haven't played with my .22 kits in either the Uzi or the M11/9 in a few years. Seems I brought the Uzi kit out once right after getting it back, and it didn't run very well. I didn't try it with the Vector mags at that time, and I really haven't played with it since.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Try this one. I sent my Vector conversion in when I was having Richard reweld my trunnion. Looks like he mills a slot and bolts a steel bar onto the top.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/GarrettJ/Uzi/B95B8BC0-7959-4859-BE4E-7535C56FF5A4_zps7v20ki7d.jpg

Prior to the upgrade, the .22 kit actually ran pretty well with Black Dog mags and Vector 20-round mags. I had a few Vector 28s as well, but could never get them to run, and eventually sold them.

I really haven't played with my .22 kits in either the Uzi or the M11/9 in a few years. Seems I brought the Uzi kit out once right after getting it back, and it didn't run very well. I didn't try it with the Vector mags at that time, and I really haven't played with it since.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/GarrettJ/Uzi/B95B8BC0-7959-4859-BE4E-7535C56FF5A4_zps7v20ki7d.jpg

Awesome. That looks so clean.

Garrett can you weigh your bolt for me?

I could not get the 28g to run, but the 11,18, and 25 ran ok. I was having a few failure to pick up the first rd in some mags w/ the heavier wts.

I could not feel a big difference in ROF. But I need more testing.

I shot about 200rds. And damn they went fast hahaha.

I have this style of old old old brass catcher and it really works!!

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, I've about a dozen 20 & 28rds steel Vector mags but only about 50~60% reliable even with CCI ammo.
Also, tried with Black Dog mag with similar result....

Please do...

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#9]
oops... double post.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

thanks.

I thought my kit ran pretty well, but I read the tips anyway.

As it turns out my reciver was a little tight on my bolt when then the bolt is all the way back.

I bent the frame out a hair and now it slides smooth all the way back.

It now runs on w/ 28g weight.

So I cut off one coil, and then two more for a toatle of three.

She is still running fine. And she is slowing down a little but not hugh amounts..

I would like it in the 600/650 range.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yes, I've about a dozen 20 & 28rds steel Vector mags but only about 50~60% reliable even with CCI ammo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Please do...

I believe tony sent his to BWE ( the poster in the link)

What are your issues?

FTF, not picking up the first rd, next rd? ejection?

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, I forgot to write the actual issue

The round is bent at the feed ramp area.
Most of time the bullet goes in about half way and another half is bent 30 degree and just hanging by the chamber.
Sometime, my bullet's jacket is shred and I saw bunch of copper jackets sitting on the receiver.
I polished the 22 barrel's feeding area and made no difference...
Changed the ejector with a new Vector one with no success...

Quoted:

What are your issues?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please do...

What are your issues?

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

thanks.

As it turns out my reciver was a little tight on my bolt when then the bolt is all the way back.

She is still running fine. And she is slowing down a little but not hugh amounts..

View All Quotes
Quoted:

thanks.

You're welcome.  FWIW, the factory Vector .22 conversion kit came with a recoil spring/rod/buffer with the buffer stamped "22".  The .22 recoil spring had 110 coils whereas the 9 mm/.45 recoil spring had 120 coils.
Best of luck with your project.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 2:09:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You're welcome.  FWIW, the factory Vector .22 conversion kit came with a recoil spring/rod/buffer with the buffer stamped "22".  The .22 recoil spring had 110 coils whereas the 9 mm/.45 recoil spring had 120 coils.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks.

Mine is also stamped 22, I will count them later
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Great info Tony!
I might send my kits to BWE for tune up

Quoted:
Yes, Richard Hoffman at BWE here in FL tuned and tweaked mine.

BTW, my .22 conversion is not a Vector, and I've never tried Vector mags. Once BWE tuned mine, it runs 90% with Black Dogs but darn near 100% with BWE's .22 mags, which use a factory IMI 32-round mag housing and BWE's proprietary guts.

The .22 magazine conversion is single-stack, so they only hold 28. Plus IMHO they look correct, and thus way, way cooler than curvy plastic mags. I liked the concept so much I bought half of his first production run of 20, and have never had a problem.

BWE's .22 Uzi mags
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like 10.7 oz.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like 10.7 oz.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/GarrettJ/Uzi/95AE663E-82F4-4430-91FC-02CE7617E9D8_zpsmiqgbc35.jpg

dang that is heavy.

I am at 9.4 right now..

Big thank you!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Great info Tony!
I might send my kits to BWE for tune up

View Quote

BWE is great but his wait list is tremendous.

Read the guide and try to tune it yourself.  It sounds like your mags are too low or perhaps your bolt face is too high.  A little adjustment on the mag catch and some beer can shims in the bolt would probably fix you right up.

I had my kit running "pretty good" before the guide came out.  Now with minimags or federal automatch, mine runs as close to 100% as I could expect for a 22 mg.  This is using Vector 20 and 28 round mags that I've cleaned and lubed with teflon.

I wish I could say the same for my Fleming M11 kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top