Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2016 11:27:33 AM EDT
Looking at purchasing a MG3/42 AA tripod since I bought a KNS Precision spade grip for my M16.

What's the going rate for one? I'm seeing roughly a range of $179-$350.

Anyplace have them in stock? Everywhere I've looked is currently out of stock.

I'm currently overseas.. Wondering if I can pick one up in Germany and bring it back with me? LOL seriously.. Shouldn't be any issues with that right.. It's a HD camera tripod.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive got a link for you.. this is the best deal youll find. For the mg42 AA tripod.this guys got a bunch of them, hes just trying to make it look like hes a private indiviual with just one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/594295624

I passed on many cheap ones thinking so what if it cost me 50$ more a couple years down the road...i was so wrong i just grabbed an mg3 tripod to avoid the same thing happening again...

I got my mg3 on gunbroker aswell .showed up cracked and broken behind the sight mount.. i just removed the mount and have to have it welded. Hope you make out better than me.

The mg3 is a cool setup and the AA is nice cause its from a standing position.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#2]
That's s good price on the GB auction. I and a buddy each bought one from APEX for 280 a few weeks ago. It was in good shape. Of course we got ours for BRP U9s with spade grips
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys! I think I found one in Germany and customs there said I should be good to bring one back with me. Now I need to find out if it will fit in a Pelican 1750 case with no foam!
INTERIOR (L X W X D)
50.50" x 13.50" x 5.25" (128.3 x 34.3 x 13.3 cm)

Can anyone help me out?

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Prob wont fit, id seriously just buy a soft golf bag and toss it in there with a good padded cover. it'll weigh a lot less too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys! I think I found one in Germany and customs there said I should be good to bring one back with me. Now I need to find out if it will fit in a Pelican 1750 case with no foam!
INTERIOR (L X W X D)
50.50" x 13.50" x 5.25" (128.3 x 34.3 x 13.3 cm)

Can anyone help me out?

View Quote

My contact in germany said they are export controlled...not to start internet rumor or anything.. just what i am going with.

The two main seller on GB ship rom the surrounding areas ot directly from germany.
Also one of the two sellers referes to sending the money either paypal or to his "good friend" in the states.

I cant confirm or deny the legally but saving a hundred buck wasnt worth landing in hot water.

The AA tripods or great. Ive got 3 of those. 2 for use one as an investment.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 2:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I just bought one from Apex not too long ago, it was in great shape.  I've been looking for a while.

I found one in Europe, too, but they wouldn't ship.  I think they'll cash and carry if you're in the store, but they won't export.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 2:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just bought one from Apex not too long ago, it was in great shape.  I've been looking for a while.

I found one in Europe, too, but they wouldn't ship.  I think they'll cash and carry if you're in the store, but they won't export.
View Quote

I got a verbal go ahead from German/U.S. custom.  I'm having a friend in Germany hold until I arrive. I kept the custom agents names and contact info so calls can be made if things go south.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top